One of the biggest concerns for students who want to study abroad is the cost of tuition and living expenses. However, there are many available UK scholarships for international students that can help alleviate some of these costs. In this blog post, we will be exploring all of the scholarships for international students in UK. From government-funded scholarships to those offered by universities and organisations, we’ve got you covered.
Postgraduate study, and particularly one- or two-year Master’s degrees, are the most frequent kind of study for which international students can receive funding in the United Kingdom. Also, they are the kinds of rewards that typically come with no financial requirements.
Don’t have much time to read? Watch this short video instead–
Why are scholarships important for international students?
Studying in the United Kingdom may be a life-changing experience for international students, but finding financial support to do so can be difficult. Scholarships assist to bridge the gap between tuition and living expenses, making it possible for many students to study in the UK despite the cost of doing so. Scholarships assist reduce the expenses of higher education, which is a major draw for international students. This is especially crucial for students from low-income or developing nations, for whom the expense of a study abroad programme may be out of reach.
The cost of living in the UK, including housing, food, and transportation, can be rather high, however scholarships can help offset some of these costs. Scholarships offer more than just help with school fees; they can also lead to exciting new adventures. Additional perks that come with many scholarships include help from mentors, chances to make connections, and funding for necessary materials and services. These additional privileges can help students flourish academically and professionally and make the most of their time in the UK.
Scholarships for international students in the UK have several positive effects, one of which is increasing campus diversity and acceptance in the United Kingdom. By encouraging a more culturally and linguistically varied student body, scholarship programmes for overseas students can benefit the school as a whole. It is crucial to do your homework and select the correct scholarship from the various options accessible to overseas students who want to study in the UK. This includes investigating the benefits and resources that may be available, as well as who is eligible, how to apply, and the deadline.
Scholarships are quite helpful in allowing international students to study in the UK at a university. They facilitate access to funding, introduce students to novel learning environments, and encourage tolerance and acceptance on university campuses in the UK. Scholarships are crucial in assisting international students with the high cost of tuition and living expenses in pursuing their educational and professional aspirations.
Available UK scholarships for international students (2023-24)
- Academic excellence awards
- Access funding
- Disabled students allowance
- Further education funding
- Hardship grants
- British Chevening Scholarship
- BUTEX International Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
- Santander Mobility Award
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rotary Scholarship
- Castle Smart Scholarship
- Scholarship for African students
- Scholarship for Chinese students
- Scholarship for Indian and Pakistani students
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Computational Engineering Sciences
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Environment and Agrifood
- South East Asia Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management
- Santander Scholarships Programme (Masters)
- British Council IELTS Prize
- Delta Foundation Chevening Scholarship Taiwan
- High Achievement Scholarship
- Access Scholarship
- Marshall Sherfield Fellowships
- Roberto Rocca Fellowships
- Management School MBA Scholarship
- China Scholarships Council
- Fulbright Award
- Beacon Scholarship for University
- Kenya Higher Education Loans Board Loans & Scholarships
- Nigeria Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Sudan Gordon Memorial College Trust Scholarships
- Care Leaver Bursary
- Army Medical Services
- Aviva Scholarship
- International Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
- Jarman Scholarship
- Loyalty Discount for graduates
- Medway Community Scholarships
- Music Performance Scholarship
- SMSAS NCUK Scholarships
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Jordan Kuwait Bank Business Scholarships
- India, Nigeria and Ghana Development Fund
- Academic Performance Scholarships
- Undergraduate and postgraduate Journalism Bursary
- International Travel Bursaries
- International Bursaries
- Articulation Scholarships
- China Ambassador Scholarships
- Chevening – UK Government Scholarships
- British Council India Great Scholarships (External Scholarships)
- Access Bursary
- Sports Scholarships
- International scholarships and financial help
- International Merit Scholarships
- School Awards for International Students
- Vice Chancellor’s South Asia Scholarship
- Royal Society grants
- British Council scholarships for women in STEM
- Global Wales Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Gen Foundation Scholarships
- Faculty Scholarships
- Funded PhD Opportunities
- GREAT Scholarships
- University of Birmingham Business School ‘African MBA Scholarship’ (Donor Scholarship)
International Scholarships for 2023-24
There are over 1,500 scholarships available for international students to study at top-ranked universities in the UK during the academic year 2023-2024. These scholarships offer a stipend of approximately (£2000) each month in addition to covering the costs of tuition, housing, medical insurance, and transportation.
When applying for a scholarship, what do you need to know?
Scholarships in the UK typically require applicants to have high GPAs, but other criteria, such as their major, level, and location, may be more significant. Extracurricular activities and community service may also be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships. Remember that there may be specific requirements to qualify for a scholarship. For some programmes, submitting an application is all that’s required; for others, there may be additional steps involved. Programmes with an emphasis on research, for instance, may require you to produce written assignments.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with the university’s partner admission office.
Requirements for International Scholarships in the UK
In being qualified for scholarships for international students in UK, applicants must satisfy a number of prerequisites. Depending on the type of scholarship and the school giving it, these may vary.
- Academic requirements: Many scholarships require applicants to have a certain level of academic achievement, such as a minimum GPA or test scores. Some scholarships may also be specific to certain fields of study.
- Financial need: Some scholarships are given out based on how much money someone needs, so applicants may have to show that they are having trouble making ends meet.
- Residency requirements: Some scholarships are only open to UK citizens or permanent residents, while others may be open to students from other countries.
- Extracurricular activities: Many scholarships take into account a student’s extracurricular activities, such as involvement in community service, leadership roles, or other volunteer work.
- Essays and personal statements: Many scholarships require applicants to submit an essay or personal statement, which is used to judge the applicant’s character, goals, and overall fit for the scholarship.
- Interview: Some scholarships require an interview with the selection committee, which helps in evaluating the student’s skills, personality and how well he/she is suited for the scholarship.
It’s also important to note that many universities and organizations offer their own scholarships, so it’s a good idea to check with the institution you plan to attend or the organizations related to your field of study.
International scholarships amount in the UK
Scholarship and grant amounts and types might vary widely from one academic institution to the next. While most research programmes only cover a portion of your living expenses, some will pay for the full cost of your education. Applying for governmental scholarships may be more difficult than applying for university scholarships because of the greater number of applicants. You should therefore begin the process between 8 and 12 months before your desired intake date. Consult with AHZ Associates if you find yourself in a bind.
Here are the top scholarship opportunities for international students-
What should you keep in mind for scholarships and funding?
While applying for top scholarship opportunities for international students, remember that each scholarship has its own set of eligibility requirements. In some cases, submitting an application is sufficient to obtain the scholarship. For universities that emphasise research, you may be required to complete written assignments. As a result, do extensive research and do not hesitate to contact the university’s admissions office if you have any questions about obtaining scholarships in the United Kingdom. Obtaining a scholarship can significantly reduce the cost of an international education.
The UK is the best country for international students who want to study abroad for various reasons. If you are thinking of studying in the UK, try to find scholarships for international students in the UK before you decide to apply to any universities there. Scholarships are not only useful if they help you apply to a university, but they can also reduce your tuition fee. With tuition fees at top ranked universities in the UK being high, scholarships may be your best chance to pursue your dreams and study in this country.
The UK offers a variety of academic scholarships to international students. These scholarships are offered by a number of universities, including those run by the British government, universities, and private institutions. Furthermore, numerous universities in the United Kingdom provide their own scholarships and funding to international students. But students should investigate and apply for as many scholarships as possible to maximise their chances of receiving student financial aid in the UK for their studies.
Also, application dates for scholarships differ, so it’s vital to plan ahead and submit your application well in advance. With adequate research and planning, international students in the UK can achieve their academic and professional objectives by taking advantage of the numerous options available to them. Unlock your potential with expert guidance; contact us to get free service!
Have any fully funded scholarships in UK?
The three most prominent UK government scholarships are –
1. GREAT Scholarships
2. Commonwealth Scholarships
3. Chevening Fellowships
Are scholarships hard to get UK?
Full scholarships in the United Kingdom cover both tuition and living expenses. To qualify for a full scholarship, you must be among the top students in terms of academic performance.
Why are scholarships important for international students?
Studying in the United Kingdom may be a life-changing experience for international students, but finding financial support to do so can be difficult. Scholarships assist in bridging the gap between tuition and living expenses, making it possible for many students to study in the UK despite the high cost of doing so.
How many international scholarships in the UK are available for the academic year 2023–24?
There are over 1,500 scholarships available for international students to study at top ranked universities in the UK during the academic year 2023-2024
Can I get 100% scholarship in the UK?
Full scholarships are uncommon, and those that do exist are extremely competitive. However, this does not mean that you shouldn’t apply; continue reading to learn how to maximise your chances of receiving one of these coveted scholarships.
What should I need to know for scholarships and funding?
While applying for top scholarship opportunities for international students, remember that each scholarship has its own set of eligibility requirements. In some cases, submitting an application is sufficient to obtain the scholarship.