How to apply for UK University scholarships?
Scholarship deadlines are usually many months prior to the start of the course. So, you need to apply for a course of study at the university before you could try for the scholarships.
To start your search, follow the below steps:
- Search the course database for the subject you are interested in and save your results.
- When you have shortlisted a few courses in your shortlist, check the profiles of selected universities to get more details.
- Visit the university websites of your choice and search for scholarships for international students.
Consider these points when you start your search:
- All UK scholarships are not offered based on financial need – most of them will evaluate your ability in academics.
- You can apply for scholarships, when you are applying for the course at the university or after you have applied.
There are numerous scholarships available for students aiming to attend UK University, especially international students. However, many universities set a deadline for application quite early in the year as there would be hundreds of applicants and hence it is advisable to start early.
The UK universities are offering plenty scholarship options for international students. An international student applying to above universities might be eligible for one of the following Scholarship scheme.
Award type of AHZ partner University scholarships
- Academic excellence awards
- Access funding
- Disabled students allowance
- Further education funding
- Hardship grants
- British Chevening Scholarship
- BUTEX International Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
- Santander Mobility Award
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rotary Scholarship
- Castle Smart Scholarship
- Scholarship for African students
- Scholarship for Chinese students
- Scholarship for Indian and Pakistani students
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Computational Engineering Sciences
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Energy and Power
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Environment and Agrifood
- South East Asia Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management
- Santander Scholarships Programme (Masters)
- Santander Scholarships Programme (MBA)
- British Council IELTS Prize
- Delta Foundation Chevening Scholarship Taiwan
- High Achievement Scholarship
- Access Scholarship
- Care Leaver Bursary
- Army Medical Services
- Aviva Scholarship
- International Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
- Jarman Scholarship
- Loyalty Discount for graduates
- Medway Community Scholarships
- Music Performance Scholarship
- SMSAS NCUK Scholarships
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Jordan Kuwait Bank Business Scholarships
- India, Nigeria and Ghana development Fund
- Academic Performance Scholarships
- Undergraduate and postgraduate Journalism Bursary
- International Travel Bursaries
- International Bursaries
- Articulation Scholarships
- China Ambassador Scholarships
- Chevening – UK Government Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships (External Scholarships)
- British Council India Great Scholarships (External Scholarships)
- Access Bursary
- Sports Scholarships
- International scholarships and financial help
- International Merit Scholarships
- School Awards for International Students
Eligibility for loans for students from the government of UK can be complex and it is better to read all the requirements very carefully. Only students who have lived in the UK for the past 3 years prior to studying are eligible for loans.
However, that could change subject to the policy change for EU countries, be sure to look at all the requirements before submitting the loan application or check with our experts.
International Student Scholarships information page
Brunel University London
Brunel has a range of scholarship packages and works in partnership with several scholarship organisations and bodies including Chevening, The Commonwealth Scholarships and Santander Mobility Awards, Rotary Scholarship and many more. We offer more than 100 scholarships every year to help international students. Some awards are worth up to £6000 a year to help partially fund university fees and living costs.
The university investing £1 million in scholarships to help their EU and international students reach their potential. This university offering attractive scholarships opportunities for talented students in January, May and September intake in different schemes which is available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Birmingham City University
They offer a range of scholarship opportunities for self-funding international undergraduates which will be subject to eligibility in every year. They offer up to £2000 scholarship based on the academic background in September intake. Not only this but also they are offering a discount of £300 for all international student who will pay their fees in full amount before enrolment.
London South Bank University
LSBU values the academic and cultural diversity that international students bring to the University and is offering scholarships of £1,000 to overseas fee-paying nationals undertaking undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD studies. The University also offers International Merit Scholarship offers students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate taught programs with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on the first year’s tuition fees for those who meet the criteria. They also give 5% discount for all students who pay the tuition fees in full amount.
Middlesex University London
Middlesex University London encouraging the international student with the scholarship for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. International students may be eligible for £1,000 – £2,000 towards course fees for the first year of study. There are other types of scholarship available for the students such as sports Scholarship, The Conygar opportunity Scholarship and so on the amount of scholarship will be accounted for £200 to up to £2000.
University of East London
An international scholarship at UEL covers part of the cost of course fees. The amount awarded is assessed on a case by case basis and is often up to £4000 off tuition fees per year. UEL also offering a massive tuition fee off for international MBA students. They have got some other scholarship available such as Chevening Scholarships, The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission
Nottingham Trent University
All international students holding offers to study a full-time undergraduate course in September 2018. The amount will be £2000 per year. They are also offering Full-fee Scholarship for the international undergraduate student depends on the eligibility. For Postgraduate students, there are different scholarship options are available in this university which will be up to £4000 or 25% or 50% of tuition fee.
University of Greenwich
The University of Greenwich automatically awards scholarships of £1,000 to students entering as new students from certain eligible countries studying full-time programs that last for at least one academic year.
University of Hertfordshire
The university is looking for enterprising and inspirational students looking to excel in an international university and if this sounds like you, then they offer a number of non-repayable scholarships to international students which include Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, UH Graduate Scholarship, Regional Scholarship and the amount could be worth up to £4000.
University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth offers a range of regional scholarship for international students. Some of their scholarship options include Santander Scholarship, Chevening Scholarship, and Commonwealth Scholarship and so on.
University of Sunderland
They support students with the finances in every possible way, and they offer generous grants, including cash bursaries, reduced tuition fees. All international students studying on-campus undergraduate and postgraduate courses are eligible for up to £1500 tuition fee reduction.
University of West of Scotland
UWS is delighted to offer 120 “limited edition” Anniversary Scholarships (£1,500) aimed at students who have achieved academic excellence, such as 65% or higher in the High School/College exams for Undergraduate applicants or 69% or higher in the undergraduate degree/diploma or equivalent for Postgraduate applicants. There is a progression scholarship available for international students who will be progressed to the second year of study with 85% of attendance and 69% overall score or higher in their first year of study.
University of Kent
The University has a long tradition of welcoming international students and is pleased to offer a number of scholarships for entry at the undergraduate level. The scholarships are worth £5000 per year of study at the University of Kent, towards the cost of tuition fees and are offered to nationals of any country paying overseas fees. This scholarship will be only available for those who are beginning a new program in this university and at undergraduate level.
Other than the universities mentioned above there are some other partner universities of AHZ Associates offer a different kind of scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate overseas students which are as follows
- Anglia Ruskin University London
- Bangor University
- Birmingham University
- BPP University
- Coventry University London and Dagenham
- Cranfield University
- De Montfort University
- Newcastle College(HE)
- University of Roehampton, London
- The University of Law
- The University of Ulster
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- University of Essex
- University of Northumbria London
- University of Sunderland
- University of the West of England-UWE Bristol
- University of the West of Scotland London
- University of Worcester
- University of Wolverhampton
Do you wish to apply for scholarships?
If the answer is yes, you can apply via following the university website or seek further assistance from a member of the staff from AHZ Associates. You can book an appointment or request a call back to discuss your scholarship option.