How to apply UK University scholarships?
Scholarship deadlines are usually many months prior to the start of the course. So, you need to apply for a course of study at the university before you could try for the scholarships.
To start your search, follow the below steps:
- Search the course database for the subject you are interested in and save your results.
- When you have shortlisted a few courses in your shortlist, check the profiles of selected universities to get more details.
- Visit the university websites of your choice and search for scholarships for international students.
Consider these points when you start your search:
- All UK scholarships are not offered based on financial need – most of them will evaluate your ability in academics.
- You can apply for scholarships, when you are applying for the course at the university or after you have applied.
There are numerous scholarships available for students aiming to attend UK University, especially international students. However, many universities set a deadline for application quite early in the year as there would be hundreds of applicants and hence it is advisable to start early.
The UK universities are offering plenty of scholarship options for international students. An international student applying to above universities might be eligible for one of the following Scholarship scheme.
Award type of AHZ partner UK University scholarships
- Academic excellence awards
- Access funding
- Disabled students allowance
- Further education funding
- Hardship grants
- British Chevening Scholarship
- BUTEX International Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
- Santander Mobility Award
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rotary Scholarship
- Castle Smart Scholarship
- Scholarship for African students
- Scholarship for Chinese students
- Scholarship for Indian and Pakistani students
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Computational Engineering Sciences
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Energy and Power
- South Asia Merit Scholarship in Environment and Agrifood
- South East Asia Merit Scholarship in Leadership and Management
- Santander Scholarships Programme (Masters)
- Santander Scholarships Programme (MBA)
- British Council IELTS Prize
- Delta Foundation Chevening Scholarship Taiwan
- High Achievement Scholarship
- Access Scholarship
- Care Leaver Bursary
- Army Medical Services
- Aviva Scholarship
- International Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
- Jarman Scholarship
- Loyalty Discount for graduates
- Medway Community Scholarships
- Music Performance Scholarship
- SMSAS NCUK Scholarships
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Jordan Kuwait Bank Business Scholarships
- India, Nigeria and Ghana development Fund
- Academic Performance Scholarships
- Undergraduate and postgraduate Journalism Bursary
- International Travel Bursaries
- International Bursaries
- Articulation Scholarships
- China Ambassador Scholarships
- Chevening – UK Government Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships (External Scholarships)
- British Council India Great Scholarships (External Scholarships)
- Access Bursary
- Sports Scholarships
- International scholarships and financial help
- International Merit Scholarships
- School Awards for International Students
Eligibility for loans for students from the government of UK can be complex and it is better to read all the requirements very carefully. Only students who have lived in the UK for the past 3 years prior to studying are eligible for loans.
However, that could change subject to the policy change for EU countries, be sure to look at all the requirements before submitting the loan application or check with our experts.