The University of East London is a Public university situated in the London Borough of Newham. The Docklands and the Stratford are two modern campuses at the University of East London, The new campus Stratford University Square established with modern equipment And great facilities. The university shows the way in which students can be able to learn transferable skills and get the opportunities of real- life learning. The University of East London provides on-campus facilities that are very rare in London city.
In 1989 The Polytechnic of East London was established as a higher education institution. In 1992, it was given the university status named University of East London (UEL). In September- 2013 another new campus was founded named Stratford University Square. Hackney University Technical College which was the first university technical college in London gives lead academic sponsorship to UEL.
In the field of choosing subjects, University of East London students can choose any discipline by following their choice and eligibility. The faculties are as follows:
- Faculty of Architecture and Physical Design
- Faculty of Art and Creative Design
- Faculty of Business Management, Entrepreneurship and Finance
- Faculty of Computer Science and Digital Technologies
- Faculty of Law, Policing and Justing
- Medical Sciences, Media and Journalism, Psychology
- Global development, Politics and International development.
- Hospitality, Events and Tourism.
International students – 20%
Facilities and Services
The two University Campuses offer £450 million of facilities as well as the £21 million Sportsdock sports centre. Facilities are available like studios, labs, libraries and so on. Experienced teachers are very friendly with the students. Each student is cordially welcomed and there are no racial or disability issues.
- A new library and exclusive learning environment with computing services
- Upgraded laboratories
- Clinical Education Centre in Podiatry
- The student support hub
- Physiotherapy and Sports Science set up in new buildings
Modern seen at Stratford University Square facilities are:
- Performance spaces and studios
- The Harvard lecture theatre having with live capture technology
- The multi-media Weston Learning Centre
- A 300-seat skilled tiered lecture theatre
- Exclusive MBA suite as well as teaching space
- A simulated courtroom for experiencing research.
UEL students are the active volunteers work on community projects as an active citizen. Therefore, students can play an active role in various volunteering works in over 50 societies at UEL. A well-decorated campus cafeteria along with a Students’ Union café-bar get around people’s interest. Moreover, UEL is the place of careers guidance and counselling. People from all over the world gather here and make a strong community that leads to lifelong friendships. The university Students’ Union (UELSU) as well as the representative body is always ready for the students’ well-being. They act as the voice of students in any kind of university decision- making.
The University of East London has the charming waterfront Halls of Residence. Students get on-campus accommodation which is very rare in London city. On-campus facilities make it easier to get friends. The Halls are comfortable with 24-hour security. Purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA), as well as private homes, are designed only for students living. Students enjoy luxurious studios at Space Greenwich accommodation.
The University students are lucky enough that they can travel by a free shuttle bus from one campus to another campus easily during the day. Therefore, there is a train station open for Docklands campus only. The Olympic Park and Westfield shopping centre are the nearest at Stratford.