Brunel University London is a public research-oriented university in the Uxbridge area of London. It is a part of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the European University Association, and UK Universities. It is a great place for cultural and social activities. Students take part in practical placements and projects during the sandwich year. This forward-looking university focuses on strong employability after graduation.
Brunel University London is a campus-based university, an innovative place to grow, lead, and share ideas. Sometimes the institution is called a British plate glass university. Brunel is renowned for its’ transformative initiatives on the academic and prestigious extra-curricular accolade. A unique teaching quality, world-class research, and flexible undergraduate and postgraduate courses with up-to-date information catch the eye of everyone.
The origin of Brunel University London was founded in 1966. The university was named after the Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel and celebrated 50 years given the university status in 2016. After establishing the three colleges and major research institutes, it became Brunel University London. Brunel belongs to several academic buildings as well as accommodations including Brunel Law School, Joseph Lowe, Heinz Wolff.
Ranking and Achievements
- 110th in the Times University Guide 2023
- 116th in the Guardian University Guide 2023
- 412th in the QS World University Rankings 2023
- Ranked 88th in the Times University Guide 2021
- Secured 110th position in the Guardian University Guide 2021
- Secured 368th in the QS World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked 33rd among UK universities for research power
- 54% of research is granted as ‘world leading in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework
- Ranked 368th in QS Global World Rankings 2021
Brunel comprises three colleges and three main research institutes. A host of subjects are available to benefit from. The established colleges are:
- Engineering, Design, and Physical Sciences
- Business, arts, and social sciences, and
- Health and life sciences
Research institutes are as follows
- Energy futures and environment,
- Health and societies, and
- Materials and manufacturing.
Some of the major popular courses are Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Anthropology, Journalism, Law, History, Design, Digital Media, Theatre, Sociology, and so on.
Brunel University London Fees
International tuition fee is £14,400 – £17,500
Brunel provides numerous scholarship packages as well as partner organizations. International students from over 70 countries get 100 scholarships annually. Brunel offers full or partial scholarships within deadlines. Every year the University provides awards of almost £7500 to help partially fund university fees and living costs.
Brunel is going to be arranged over 400 scholarships and bursaries both for home and international students in the year 2021/22.
- Banco de Mexico FIDERH Scholarship (15% discount)
- Santander Mobility Awards
- Brunel supports the British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM for the year 2021/22
- Brunel Family Discount Terms and Conditions 2021/22 (discount of 10% off the tuition fees annually)
- Brunel Graduate Discount (15% discount)
- Brunel Medical School International Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2022/23 (2022 ENTRY ONLY) & the international students get 5 prestigious scholarships to offer.
- Brunel Sanctuary Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Brunel University London Bursary Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Care Leaver Bursary Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Chevening (External Scholarship) 2021/22
- COLFUTURO Scholarship (Applicable for Colombian applicants) 15-50% discount.
- College of Engineering, Design & Physical Sciences (CEDPS) Academic Excellence Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship (External Scholarship) 2021/22
- Dean’s International Scholarship for Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy (Physical Therapy), and Life Sciences Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Doctoral research studentships
- Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Scholarship Programme 2021/22
- Early Payment Discount 2021/22
- External Funding 2021/22
- FINS SCHEME- Educational Loan for EU Students 2021/22
- International Excellence Scholarship 2021/22
- Life-Long Learning Bursary Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- MBA Scholarship (Full-time & Part-time) Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- MSc Data Science & Analytics and MSc Artificial Intelligence Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Music Awards 2021/22
- NSIRC Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- PGCE Access Bursary Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Ph.D. Studentships 2021/22
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
Postgraduate Care Leaver Bursary Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Sports Scholarship Programme 2021/22
- The Bernardine Evaristo Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Unpaid Placement Bursary Terms and Conditions (courses going to begin 2021/22)
- Urban Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2021/22
- Bursary awardees receiving tuition fee waivers
- Bursary awardees receiving a cash award
Facilities and Services
- A hybrid retail outlet, a grocery full of the retail offer and a social space.
- The Costcutter store provides products and services including Oyster and mobile phone top-up.
- Students get industry-leading technical facilities
- The disabled access facilities are available.
- Students get sports facilities, nightlife in one place
- A Medical Centre and pharmacy are available 24/7 days
State-of-the-art sports facilities granted the best that is used by some of the world’s elite athletes.
- Advice and Representation Centre (ARC)
- Disability and Mental Health Support
- Faith and Religion
- Student Support and Welfare
- Well-equipped library support with the collection of exclusive books
- Computer Centre with up-to-date IT support
- Academic Skills Service along with expert tutors
- Regular examinations to motivate forward
- Academic English as a fundamental course
Student life at Brunel University London
The Students’ Union of Brunel University London is one of the best among the UK universities. It is a dedicated one based within the Hamilton Centre on the Uxbridge campus. Students of Brunel go to lectures, play sports, have tutorials, grab lunch, use the library, go to the gym, and enjoy a night out, all in one place. The Union is a mouthpiece of students that remains busy with students’ welfare. Especially any decision to make changes and improvements is made on student feedback that reshapes the overall university implication. The Union is constituted of six Student Officers along with over thirty professional staff. There are shops, restaurants, and bars for campus students to sit and catch up with friends.
Brunel students enjoy salsa dance classes, and club nights almost every night of the week. Life on London Campus seems like the whole world on one campus. The suburban town, of Uxbridge, is a metropolitan district that belongs to several theatres, restaurants, cafes, and youth clubs. Thus, it is a place with a real community feels on campus that provides amazing student support services. Living in halls together with new people to meet is exciting. The kitchen worktop and floors are cleaned regularly by the cleaner. All of the halls are pretty safe as security work 24/7 and have a phone line if needed.
- Undergraduate – 74%
- Postgraduate – 26%
- Full-time students – 92%
- Part-time students – 8%
- UK/EU students – 85.8%
- International students – 14.2%
- Female – 47%
- Male – 53%
A broad range of general support services are available, including student financial support, a Careers Advisory Service, a university nursery, and the Brunel University Service for Students with Disabilities. Libraries with generous opening hours, seven days a week, are located around the university. With more than 1,200 personal computers in classrooms and open access sites, the Information Technology Service provides networked services on both campuses.
To enhance a wide variety of academic skills, workshops and classes are run frequently. Specialist support for students with disabilities and advice are also available. The counselling service can be used by students during their time at university. Welfare and pastoral care are also provided by each college. The SU has a dedicated advisory service that provides free, confidential and unbiased advice to students.
Brunel provides both on and off-campus as well as Guaranteed accommodation for international students. The Brunel Student Lettings service stands for helping students to find out accommodations near campus. Students get en suite accommodation that has bath/shower room facilities, studios or flats. The University Housing is comparatively affordable to other London prices.
Approximately £400 million is invested in halls of residence and campus infrastructure. Brunel students have private Brunel accommodation choices along with studio flats, private rooms, en-suites, and shared flats.
Getting around Brunel University London is very easy. Bus services are available at the main entrance in Kingston Lane. The U3 bus, U1, U2, U4 and U7 buses make it easy to travel easily from one place to another. All transport routes remain open like Uxbridge tube station, West Drayton railway station, Hillingdon Underground Station & Belmont Road, Heathrow Central, Stockley Park, The Greenway, and so on. Besides that, the city provides London underground, mainline rail services, and lots of ways to get to campus.
Therefore, Brunel car club provides online booking of a car by using the Hertz 24/7 app. Students get to the campus by walk from Uxbridge town centre within twenty minutes. There is a recommended signposted cycle route available along Cleveland Road.
The town of Uxbridge, in the western part of London, is where Brunel University London is located. Uxbridge is a great place to get around because it is close to a major highway and has easy access to Heathrow Airport.
Additionally, Central London can be accessed quickly and conveniently via the underground metro.
Since Brunel is a campus university, it has a lot of facilities that students can use without having to travel around London.
On campus, students can walk to study areas, residence halls, and the library in less than ten minutes.
The campus also offers essential services such as a bank, an insurance office, a pharmacy, and two general shops, where students can purchase groceries, international newspapers, and stationery.
Where is Brunel University London located?
Brunel University London is located in Uxbridge, West London, UK. The full address is Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, and Middlesex, UB8 3PH.
What courses does Brunel University London offer?
Brunel University London offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various fields such as engineering, business, law, the arts, social sciences, health and life sciences, and more. Some of the popular courses include computer science, mechanical engineering, accounting and finance, marketing, psychology, and law.
What are the entry requirements for Brunel University London?
The entry requirements for Brunel University London vary depending on the course and level of study. For undergraduate courses, the typical entry requirements are A-levels or equivalent qualifications. For postgraduate courses, you will usually need a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. The university’s website provides detailed information on the entry requirements for each course.
Does Brunel University London offer scholarships?
Yes, Brunel University London offers a range of scholarships for international and UK students. These include academic scholarships, sports scholarships, and scholarships for specific courses. You can find more information on the universities.