Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was commissioned as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales. In 1996, it changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea following structural changes within the University of Wales. The title of Swansea University was formally adopted on 1 September 2007 when the University of Wales became a non-membership con-federal institution and the former members became universities in their own right.
It is the third largest university in Wales in terms of number of students. It currently offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 20,620 undergraduate and postgraduate students
Why Choose Swansea University ?
1. TOP 30 UK Institution. Times and Sunday Times, Good University Guide 2019
2. Welsh University of the Year .Second time in three years. Times and Sunday Times, Good University Guide 2019
3. University of the Year Runner- up. Results to be announced in November 2018
4. TEF Gold: Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework, which is the highest rating possible and affirms that it is ranked highly for both research and teaching. TEF 2018
5. Ranked 251-300 in the world. Times Higher World University Rankings 2018
6. Ranked joint 5th in the UK for overall student satisfaction. National Student Survey 2018
7. UK Top 10 for graduate prospects. Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2017
8. UK Top 30 for Research Excellence. Research Excellence Framework 2014-2021
9. Winner of the POSTGRADUATE WhatUni? Student Choice Awards 2017
10. Computer Science: No. 1 for graduate employability. Guardian University Guide 2018
11. 21 World ranked subjects, covering Natural Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Social Sciences. Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, 2018
WORLD CLASS FACILITIES
Swansea University spans two stunning campuses at each end of Swansea’s waterfront. Singleton Park Campus is set in mature parkland and botanical gardens, overlooking Swansea Bay beach. Bay Campus is located on the beach on the eastern approach into Swansea.
Our multicultural dual-campus provides lots of opportunities for students, staff and the community and the friendly and relaxed atmosphere is often characterized as the “Swansea experience”.
Bay campus located on the newly developed Bay Campus, our facilities here are made to fit with the natural environment – with outdoor pitches along the beach.
There are indoor facilities for weight training, cardio, and classes, and our Sports Hall is the perfect place to get involved with badminton, archery or basketball.
We also offer various lunchtime, after-work or weekend options for members to make the most of our facilities when it best suits them.
Weights Room: With its new weight equipment, the Bay Campus weight room has everything you need for an effective weights session.
Cardio Room: You can run, cycle, row or cross-train in our cardio room. With stretch mats and the occasional weight machine dotted throughout, you will get a complete workout from warm-up to cool-down.
MUGAs: Our multi-use games areas (MUGAs) are ideal for recreational football, rugby and other ball sports. There are also opportunities to play beach volleyball, beach soccer, and ultimate frisbee. You can use these outdoor areas, whether you’re a student, staff, or member of the local community.
Sports Hall: The sports hall is equipped for a variety of activities including basketball, badminton, volleyball and archery.