The University of Buckingham (UB) is the oldest and a well-known independent university among the five private universities. Baccalaureates, master’s degrees, and doctorates are offered in this university. The University of Buckingham secured the first position of students’ satisfaction in the UK. The University has well-established libraries named The Hunter Street & Franciscan. Student Fees, Accommodation and IT Services are available at the central University site. The Moreton Road Campus and The Verney Park Campus provides all kinds of facilities and works for the Buckingham students.
Rankings and Achievements
- The University of Buckingham wins the Times/Sunday Times award ‘University of the Year’ for Teaching Quality.
- In 2018 National Student Survey allows the university a joint second satisfactory position.
In 1976, The University College of Buckingham (UCB) was established and then, in 1983 the royal charter granted it university status from Queen Elizabeth. And now (May 2016) it remains the only private university in the UK. The university’s Chancellor Margaret Thatcher performed as the nominal and ceremonial head between 1993 and 1998 set down the university’s foundation-stone. Therefore, Lord Beloff (1913–1999), Professor of the University of Oxford, Sir Alan Peacock -the economist and Richard Luce, now Lord Luce- Minister of the Arts were the university’s Vice-Chancellors. In 2004, the amount of UK students are increased with the initiative of student loans.
In the field of choosing subjects, The University of Buckingham students can choose any discipline by following their choice and eligibility. The faculties are as follows:
- Faculty of Business, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law, Medicine and Psychology
- Computer science
- Postgraduate Medicine and Allied Health
International students – 37%
Breakdown of fee structure
International tuition fee is £17,160-36,200
The University of Buckingham Bursary Fund gets the most fundraising priority annually. Buckingham education is designed to offer the talents and desired one who wants to study. Scholarship Fund helps the studious students to relieve from the financial burden and to go further higher studies. The university also takes the initiatives to make festivals with a gift for the alumni and friends.
Facilities and Services
- With the help of extra teaching facilities, students can study for eight terms over two years. That means students can finish their studies which is a three-year of completion degrees take two years to complete (The MBChB course lasts 4.5 years)
- Students can use the University library for 28-days period and can borrow the book with the help of a General loan which is renewable three times.
- Prospecting career and study options
- A wide range of accessibilities including placements and work experience.
- Successful employment in a competitive job market.
- Sports facilities with a sports pavilion.
The University of Buckingham students’ interests get the most priority that is called ‘the heart of University policy and decisions. The University students’ union works on the clubs and societies. They are always active giving the best university facilities as well as activities and support students leaders to train up. They work very positively in campaigns and raise the voice in awareness. Therefore, The university students’ union (SU) greatly support students by making fun ways like fun movie nights, making friends and parties and offering different cultural experiences. They play an active role in the planning of organizing grand balls, chilled out BBQs and cultural days. Sports zones are always available including badminton, basketball, football, yoga and so on. Moreover, Student clubs or societies give their efforts to invite leaders and organize trips and events.
The University of Buckingham’s accommodation cost is £6,010.16 while the Living cost is £8,034. The UK Student Accommodation Code of Practice stands for choosing the best and comfortable rooms. Therefore, new students are benefitted to get their choosable accommodation easily and campus students highly recommend choosing accommodation on Hunter Street.
Heathrow, Stansted, Gatwick and Luton are the international airport supports that build up a strong national and international connections. A local firm offers low paid airport taxis thus, students can travel from the airport to Buckingham by taxi. Besides, Coach services are available to catch a train to Milton Keynes. Therefore, Bicester North train station is very closest to the campus approximately 5.8 miles away.