Studying abroad from Bangladesh is a fascinating way to discover fresh perspectives, new life events, and potential opportunities. The term study abroad from Bangladesh has now become a reality with AHZ. A lot of Bangladeshi youngsters growing up want to study in a foreign country for higher education. To achieve this dream, it requires a minimum educational standard and financial ability to meet the study abroad criteria.
Due to a lack of proper guidance and transparency in the flow of information, this dream seems vague to a lot of Bengali people. They are unsure of which study abroad consultancy to trust and where to put in their best efforts. For all those students and parents who are having such doubts, this detailed study abroad guide is tailored for you to make the process and requirements more understandable for you.
Importance of Studying Abroad
The importance of studying abroad depends on which country, which university, and which courses you are enrolling in. If it’s a reputable country like the US or UK and you want to study at universities like Oxford, Cambridge, and Coventry University, then studying abroad is truly worth it for you. Studying abroad in Bangladesh will introduce you to new perspectives on life, a new outlook on life, a prestigious degree, and the opportunity to learn from professors whom millions of people want to be apprentices to.
With all these aspects and plus points, this will increase your moral and character value, and you will develop a well-knowledged personality. So embracing this diversity is also important for you in your life abroad.
The Benefits of Studying Abroad for Bangladeshi Students
Bangladeshi Students have a lot of benefit when they decide to study abroad Here are some notable benefits that aspiring students can consider before embarking on their dramatic and thrilling study abroad journey from BD
- You get to learn from the most knowledgeable University professors
- You get to be familiar with different cultures and learn new things, especially if you go to Uk
- You can get a foreign degree, which adds up to your resume and increases your value
- A UK degree will give you an edge in finding a job and put you ahead of others on the rising job competition in Bangladesh.
- Mix with people from different cultures and languages and get the most out of it.
- Studying at a top university will allow you to find career prospects in the country in which you are studying after graduation
- You will learn to be dependable, manage your own finances, and be capable of doing things on your own.
How to Study Abroad from Bangladesh
There are many steps to take before going abroad to study. AHZ is a recognised educational consultant for universities in the UK. They will help you figure out how to study abroad in Bangladesh and answer any questions you have. There are a few steps to an easy study abroad experience:
- Study Destination and Universities: Research your intended study destination, such as the UK, USA, Canada, or abroad. Consider rating, course options, and location while researching universities and institutions in your selected nation.
- Select a Suitable Course:Choose a course that matches your academic and professional aspirations. Your passions and goals should compliment one another.
- Check Admission Deadlines and Requirements: Consider academic requirements and checklists, standardised exam results, and language skills while applying to institutions. Plan your application submissions around deadlines.
- Prepare Essential Documents: Gather essential documents such as academic transcripts, certificates, and letters of recommendation. Ensure they are properly attested and translated, if necessary.
- Take Standardised Tests: Depending on your destination, you may need to take standardised English language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL. Prepare for these tests diligently.
- Write a Compelling Personal Statement: Craft a persuasive personal statement highlighting your academic background, goals, and reasons for pursuing higher education abroad. Make it stand out to admissions committees.
- Apply to Your Chosen Universities: Complete and submit applications to the universities of your choice. Pay close attention to application fees and submission guidelines.
- Secure Funding Through Scholarships or Loans: Explore scholarship opportunities, both from your chosen universities and external organisations. Scholarships can significantly ease the financial burden of studying abroad. Consider education loans if needed, but be mindful of repayment terms.
- Attend Visa Interviews and Complete Required Paperwork: Once you get an offer of acceptance, you can start applying for a visa. Go to visa interviews and carefully follow all the steps needed. Prepare all the necessary papers, such as financial statements and letter of acceptance.
- Prepare for Departure: Plan your journey well in advance. Arrange accommodation, flights, and airport transfers. Familiarise yourself with your new environment and consider attending pre-departure orientations to ease the transition.
By following these steps and seeking expert guidance, you can navigate the study abroad process smoothly and embark on a successful educational journey. AHZ can provide valuable assistance and answer questions like, “Can I study abroad from Bangladesh after SSC?” and “How do I get scholarships to study abroad from Bangladesh?” Their experienced counsellors are ready to guide you towards your academic aspirations.
How to you choose the Right Programme for You?
When choosing a study course overseas, it is recommended to follow the following guidelines:
- Self-assessment: Understand your interests, strengths, and career goals.
- Research: Explore different programmes and universities to find the best fit.
- Accreditation: Check if your chosen university and programme are accredited.
- Curriculum: Examine the course structure, subjects, and electives.
- Location: Consider the country and its impact on your studies.
- Costs: Evaluate tuition fees, living expenses, and potential scholarships.
- Language proficiency: Ensure you meet language requirements.
- Consult experts: Seek guidance from education consultants like AHZ
To have a good time and a charming study abroad from Bangladesh journey, you need to choose your courses carefully, as this will shape the majority of your time there.
How to find Scholarship to Study Abroad from Bangladesh
Here is a list of some comprehensive steps to help Bangladeshi students maximise their chances of securing scholarships to study abroad from Bangladesh
- University Websites: Start your search on the official websites of UK universities. These sites often have dedicated scholarship sections that detail available opportunities, eligibility requirements, and application deadlines. Securing a scholarship from your chosen university streamlines the process, offering convenience in one place.
- Scholarship Databases: Numerous online scholarship databases are available, allowing you to pinpoint scholarships aligned with your qualifications and preferences. Popular databases include the UK government’s scholarship search tool, Scholarship Search, and Chevening’s official website. After university websites, these databases should be your next stop.
- Government Websites: Delve into the official websites of UK government organisations like the British Council, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, and the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). These agencies extend scholarships to international students from specific countries and furnish information on diverse funding opportunities. Governments may have multiple scholarship programmes, so it’s worth exploring all possibilities.
- External Organizations: External organizations, both in Bangladesh and internationally, offer numerous scholarships. Foundations, trusts, and philanthropic entities actively support students pursuing UK studies. Ensure you meet eligibility criteria and deadlines when considering these scholarships.
- University Contacts: Connect with admission offices or international student offices at your preferred UK universities. University staff possess valuable insights into available scholarships and funding options, and they can guide you through the application process. This personal touch can be immensely helpful in navigating the scholarship landscape.
Common Challenges for Study Abroad from Bangladesh
Studying abroad is a great way to learn new things, but it may appear difficult for Bangladeshi students who first step into a foreign country for the first time in their lives. Here, we’ll talk about some of the most common problems students confront and how to solve them.
- Cultural Adjustment: Adapting to a new culture can be challenging for Bangladeshi students studying abroad. Different customs, cultural traditions, and social norms may take time to get used to.
- Language Barrier: If your destination country speaks a language different from Bangla, language barriers can pose difficulties in your studies and daily life. The professor’s accent might not be familiar to you, and initially, it might be difficult for you to understand the lectures.
- Homesickness: Being away from home, family, particularly parents for Bengali people, and friends can lead to homesickness. You will have to overcome this common feeling.
- Academic Difficulties: Universities abroad may have different teaching styles. The curriculum is completely different for Bangladeshi prospects. In Bangladesh, most students are used to being taught and examined through theoretical exams. Keeping up with the coursework can be demanding for Bangladeshi students who study abroad.
- Financial Management: Managing finances in a foreign country can be tricky. Currency exchange rates, budgeting, and unexpected expenses can be stressful.
- Visa and Immigration Regulations: Staying compliant with visa regulations and renewing permits can be complicated. Any lapse in immigration status can have serious consequences for your journey from Bangladesh to studying abroad.
- Healthcare and Insurance: Understanding the healthcare system and securing appropriate health insurance is crucial challenge for your study abroad journey.
- Housing and Accommodation: Finding suitable and affordable accommodation can be challenging, especially in high-demand student areas.
- Social Integration: Building a social circle and making homogeneous friends in a new country can be initially challenging.
These challenges are common, and universities often have support systems in place to help international students overcome them. Seek assistance and advice from your institution and fellow students to navigate these hurdles successfully.
Financing the Cost of Studying Abroad
Studying abroad in the UK from Bangladesh can be a rewarding experience, but it comes with a price tag. As a Bangladeshi student, you may have concerns about managing the high standard of living and financing your education. Here are some crucial points to consider:
- Academic Difficulties: Universities abroad may have different teaching styles. The curriculum is completely different from Bangladeshi prospects. In Bangladesh, most students are used to being taught and examined through theoretical exams. Keeping up with the coursework can be demanding.
- Tuition Fees: Research your chosen universities’ tuition fees and see if there are any scholarships or financial aid options available. Many UK institutions offer scholarships to international students based on merit or need.
- Living Expenses: The cost of living in the UK varies depending on the city. London, for example, is more expensive than other cities. Create a budget that covers accommodation, food, transportation, and personal expenses. Look for cost-effective housing options, such as shared accommodations or university dormitories.
- Financial Planning: Plan your finances carefully. Consider opening a UK bank account to manage your funds efficiently. Research banking options that offer benefits to international students.
- Scholarships and Grants: Investigate scholarship opportunities specifically available to Bangladeshi students. AHZ can help you identify scholarships that match your qualifications and course of study.
- Education Loans: Explore the possibility of education loans or financial assistance programmes that cater to international students. AHZ can guide you on loan options and the application process.
- Participate in AHZ Workshops: AHZ regularly conducts workshops and seminars on financial planning and managing expenses for studying abroad from Bangladesh. Attend these sessions to gain insights and practical tips for studying in the United Kingdom.
Remember, with careful planning and the right guidance, you can make your dream of studying in the UK a reality, even if you come from a country with financial constraints like Bangladesh. AHZ is here to support you in your journey to secure a bright future through education in the United Kingdom.
How AHZ Helps Bangladeshi Students Study Abroad in the UK
AHZ is dedicated to assisting Bangladeshi students in their journey to study in the UK. Here’s how they can support you:
- University Guidance: AHZ helps you select the right university and programme based on your academic interests and career goals.
- Application Support: They offer step-by-step guidance throughout the application process, ensuring you meet all admission requirements and deadlines.
- Visa Assistance: Navigating visa applications can be complex. AHZ simplifies this process, helping you gather the necessary documents and submit a strong application.
- Accommodation Services: Finding suitable accommodation is crucial. AHZ can help you secure safe and comfortable housing options near your university.
- Scholarship Information: AHZ keeps you informed about available scholarships and financial aid opportunities, helping you access additional funding.
AHZ is your trusted partner in making your study abroad from Bangladesh dream come true.
How Can I Book free Appointment with AHZ ?
Booking an appointment that is completely free of charge with AHZ is a straightforward process. simply click the link below:
Fill out the form: Complete the appointment request form with your name, contact details, preferred course, and qualification.
Await Confirmation: After receiving your request, AHZ will promptly get in touch with you to confirm the appointment and provide further details.
Check out our other blogs for foreign students who want to make the journey to the UK for higher education:
- Study Abroad From Sri Lanka
- Study in UK from Egypt
- How to Apply for UK Student Visa from Nepal
- Study In UK from India
- Guide to Study in UK from Morocco
- Study in UK from Nepal
What is the minimum IELTS score required to study abroad?
The minimum IELTS score for studying abroad varies by country and institution. UK undergraduate scores are 6.0 to 7.0 and 6.5 to 7.5 for postgraduate studies. The US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand have similar scoring requirements.
European countries may require similar ratings. Some universities and courses have various standards; therefore, it’s important to examine what is needed for the university and course you’re interested in. Other application factors can also impact admission decisions.
Can I study abroad from Bangladesh without IELTS?
Yes, in some cases, a Bangladeshi student can study abroad without IELTS. Many universities accept MOI and other English proficiency tests like TOEFL, PTE, and others. Please check the university and course requirements; these options can differ by institution.
Which country is best to study abroad from Bangladesh?
To choose a country for further study outside Bangladesh, consider your educational goals and plans for the future. The UK is popular for shorter bachelor courses, the US for various programmes, Canada for quality education, Australia for a wide variety of fields, Germany for low-cost higher education, Malaysia for easy access and science/tech programmes, and China for medical and engineering studies. Think about cost, knowledge of languages, and course eligibility while making your choice. You should research and consult an education counsellor to make a smart choice.
How much bank balance is required for a UK Student visa from Bangladesh?
How much money you’ll need to get a student visa to study in the UK as a Bangladeshi will depend on things like the length and cost of your course. Generally, you must show enough funds for your tuition fees for the first year, living costs (approximately £1,334 per month in London or £1023 per month outside London), and provide financial evidence, typically bank statements, demonstrating the availability of these funds in your or your sponsor’s account for a specific period before applying.
The latest regulations can be checked on the UK government website or from education experts. Remember that immigration rules change.
How can I find universities to study abroad from Bangladesh?
To find universities to study abroad from Bangladesh, begin by researching institutions and programmes that match your academic interests. Use university rankings and online portals, consult with education consultants, attend education fairs, and explore official university websites for comprehensive information.
You should meet entry requirements, research financial aid, network with alumni, talk to advisors, and check visa requirements. Once you have chosen schools, carefully follow their application processes, submit all required documents, and meet all deadlines to have a high chance of being accepted.
How can I finance my study abroad from Bangladesh?
Consider several options for higher education outside Bangladesh. Such things as applying for government scholarships for international students, university and external organisation scholarships and grants, part-time work while studying, and Bangladeshi educational loans or financial aid programmes To maximise your money, make a budget, track your spending, and find affordable universities to study at.
Is it possible to study abroad from Bangladesh after HSC?
Yes, it is possible to study abroad from Bangladesh after completing HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate) by pursuing higher education programmes like bachelor’s degrees, foundation courses, or diploma programmes at universities and colleges in various countries. Many international institutions accept HSC qualifications for admission, but specific requirements may vary by university and programme. Students should research their chosen universities, meet admission criteria, demonstrate English language proficiency, and plan for financial support and visa requirements to study abroad after HSC.