What is Cloud computing? With the development of the modern computational world, the demand for MSc Cloud Computing in the UK is increasing now-a-days. Pursuing a career in Cloud computing is a big challenge as it deals with information technology towards real-life experience through accessing data and programs remotely in the cloud or a virtual platform. Without a direct connection to the server, Cloud enables complex businesses to offer cost-effective solutions as well as business needs. Cloud computing is used in around 96% of large organizational operations and a multi-Cloud strategy is found within 81% of companies that ensure business success and scalability. Cloud computing has been used in different industries, military organizations, global banks, car manufacturers, hospitals, and so on.
Table of contents
- Categories of Cloud Computing
- Why Popular?
- Market Demands
- Different kinds of Cloud Services
- Knowledgeable Cloud Computing will keep you growing
- Cloud Computing courses:
- Impressive Career and the Employability in the UK
- Funding/ Scholarships:
- Some of the best Colleges/Universities in the UK for Cloud Computing:
- The most valuable certifications/ accreditation:
The UK universities offer flexible research-led courses on Cloud Computing that enhance the growing talents personal as well as academic growth. The world-class research facilities and dedicated labs attract international students mostly to study Cloud Computing. This unique subject also shows an excellent pathway to explore their career choices. Thus, Cloud computing offers an endless learning environment as well as limitless career opportunities with potential works.
Don’t have much time to read? Please watch this video instead.
Categories of Cloud Computing
The three different types of Cloud computing are as follows:
It’s a software Service, or IaaS for short acts as a service model that support Cloud computing through the essential hardware and software like servers, memory, storage and networking equipment. These are the fundamental tools for implementing cloud computing.
A service or PaaS offers development teams a platform to develop business applications. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform are popular Cloud platforms.
A Service or SaaS is a software delivery, using an internet browser without downloading it onto the computer. The service emails software to Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
The name is given Cloud Computing related to crunching as well as processing data away from the device we carry. Anyone can access it from anywhere and anytime. From big corporations to small businesses Cloud Computing provides different services through the Internet including data storage, servers, databases, networking, and software, and so on. Thus, Cloud Computing is becoming a challenging part of the business sector during this vicious pandemic. Government institutions, organizations and businesses all around the world are searching for Cloud services as well as powerful & flexible IT infrastructure. Therefore, a sound understanding of designing, handling Big Data is included in Cloud Computing services. The other main reasons for its’ popularity are as given below:
- Beneficial for the larger companies to maintain complex global business operations accessing business data and software remotely.
- 96% person of the larger company using at least one form of Cloud computing in their operation.
- 94% of business are benefitted after switching to the cloud that improves the security.
- 91% of saying that Cloud makes it an easier lot to meet government compliance requirements.
- Cost savings, 20% of organizations remain concerned about the initial cost.
- Increased productivity
- Speed and efficiency along with better backup of stored data,
- Performance, and security
- Operation movement
- Flexibility of use; a 65% majority of respondents say that moving to a cloud environment increases quick business ability.
- Increased Collaboration,
- Quality Control
- Disaster Recovery
- Loss Prevention
- Automatic Software Updates; no need to wait for system updates to be installed rather it can automatically refresh and update itself.
- Competitive Edge; In the current Verizon study, there is 77% of businesses claimed saw a competitive advantage which plays a significant role.
- Dell reports publishing that investing in cloud mobility and security enjoy up to 53% faster revenue growth than their competitors.
- Within just 1 year Master’s in Cloud Computing can be completed.
You might be interested in-
Cloud computing is being embraced all over the world. Cloud computing graduates are cordially welcomed in every business sector to improve their earning potential. Cloud computing offers an attractive salary package for skill in the world and the UK is around £62,547.
Different kinds of Cloud Services
Today, the entire infrastructure of the IT industry depends on cloud computing. A Cloud Architect concentrates on a business’s plans and works to design a new strategic business.
- Storage, backup, and data retrieval
- Creating and testing apps
- Analyzing data
- Audio and video streaming
- Delivering software on demand
Knowledgeable Cloud Computing will keep you growing
Demands for Knowledgeable Cloud Computing have been seen in the IT professional sectors. There are numerous openings in the world for cloud computing professionals. It is a pioneer among other courses that helps to build strong software development skills along with critical thinking and communication skills. Some major skills are given below:
- Platform Expertise
- Selecting the Right Services
- Managing an Integrated Environment
- Maintaining Databases
- Managing a Network
- Securing the Cloud Environment
- Adapting to New Roles and Technologies
- Migrating Data
- Automating Key Tasks
- Designing Distributed Systems
- Managing Change
- Estimating Cost and Workload
- Measuring and Analyzing
- Project management & Research methods
- Communicating, and so on.
Cloud Computing courses:
It is a great opportunity especially for international students to complete MSc Cloud computing in the UK in one year. This degree program also provides students a clear concept of big data, cloud security, project management, and research methods. Some main courses of Cloud Computing are Big data landscape, Cloud computing and web services, Cloud software engineering, and Cloud virtualization security.
Impressive Career and the Employability in the UK
Full-time work opportunity is available in the UK for the Cloud computing students. Besides that, they get part-time work permission weekly (20 hours on working days and 40 hours on holidays). The most attractive thing is the UK universities give Post-study work permission for 2 years. Overall, 98% employment rate is found in the UK universities.
- Cloud services developers
- Cloud security professionals
- Cloud software architects
- Cloud sales consultants
- Cloud management specialists
- Cloud computing researchers
- Cloud Support Engineer
- Cloud Solution Engineer
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Data Analyst
- Cloud Sales
- Cloud Network Engineer
Those who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or becoming a professor can choose to remain in school.
Students are lucky enough to get an advanced education with a low fee starting from 13 lakhs. Moreover, up to 100% scholarship is applicable for the Fulfilment of tuition fees. It’s not mandatory to Submit English language requirements. It is going to be the best career as the UK provides Campus Recruitment with IT giants.
Some of the best Colleges/Universities in the UK for Cloud Computing:
- University of Lincoln
- Newcastle University
- Anglia Ruskin University ARU
- Staffordshire University
- University of York
- Cardiff University
- Brunel University London
- Edinburgh Napier University
- University of Sheffield
- Kingston University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- The University of Manchester
- University of Dundee
- University of Liverpool
- Coventry University
The most valuable certifications/ accreditation:
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Google Certified Professional Data Engineer
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- CompTIA Cloud+
- Cisco CCNA Cloud