If you are looking for your Foundation Year in Health, Medical and Life Sciences at CARDIFF University ISC 2021 then the good news is here. The university is delighted to declare that the applications for Medicine and Dental Surgery 2021 are now open.
UK Top 20 Health and Medical subjects
- Anatomy & Physiology (10th)
- Dentistry (5th)
- Medicine (18th)
- Medical Technology (4th)
- Optometry, Ophthalmology & Orthoptics (3rd)
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy (10th)
- Physiotherapy (3rd)
Cardiff University is a well-ranked research institute. There are so many reasons that will inspire you to choose your career route through these Cardiff medicine subjects.
- Employability rate: 100%. According to HESA Destination of Leavers of Higher Education, 2016/17, 100% of Medicine students are in employment and/or further study six months after graduating.
- One of the strongest Dental Surgery employability records among dental schools in the UK in 2019, 100% of BDS students secured a Dental Foundation Training placement.
- Cardiff School of Medicine is one of the biggest medical schools in the UK. It maintains an international reputation for teaching and research quality.
- Early patient contact, usually year one of the medical degree.
CARDIFF University Requirements
For a smooth procedure, some Cardiff has made some changes in admission requirements. To get conditional offer letters the students must provide a qualified English test in addition to their academic documents. If a student secures a conditional place on the course will also be required to take the UCAT situational test score achieving 1-3. The test must be taken by the 13th of August.
Key Facts for Students’ Attention
Academic: Good high school graduation grades or equivalent, including Chemistry and two other sciences (Maths is one science) †
English: Academic IELTS 6.0 (minimum 6.0 in writing, no skill below 5.5)
Age on entry: 17+
Important Application Information
For the Medicine and Dental Surgery degree aims a competitive selection process will apply.‡
Before commencing the International Foundation Year:
- Succeed in the UCAT situational judgment test (and receive a result within band 1-3)
- Pass an interview stage for entry to the International Foundation Year program
During the International Foundation Year:
- Submit Personal Statement and Tutor Progress Report.
- Pass Multiple Mini Interviews with Cardiff University.
- Achieve the required grades on completion of the program.
- Undergo satisfactory completion of a DBS check or Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Pass an Occupational Health check (which may include vaccinations).
For further information regarding the application process and requirements, you can contact us and enjoy experts’ guidelines.