Masters in Business Analytics in UK Universities is comparatively a new postgraduate program and becomes popular in the UK where students will attend lectures and get an extraordinary learning experience. The unique subject represents a new dimension and away from other traditional courses. It is a one-year, full-time program that deals with a real business problem and shows the pathway of business planning as well as statistical methods. Students become get involved with the excellent cultural, business, and financial learning environment in the heart of London. Thus, the unique postgraduate program opens the door to future career growth in business professionals.
In the process of learning Business Analytics, students achieve the quality and skills of impartiality in decision making whether it is internal or external problems. So, the rising interest in business analytics has largely been driven by UK universities. Therefore, in most of the world’s prominent companies like Silicon Valley, Business Analytics is inevitable.
Table of contents
- Categories of Business Analytics
- Major Skills and knowledge you will gain studying this course
- Major Courses of Masters in Business Analytics in UK Universities
- Business Analytics’ Impressive Career and the Employability in the UK
- Famous business analyst certifications/ accreditation
- Funding/ Scholarships
- Some of the best Colleges/Universities in the UK
Categories of Business Analytics
Students from all over the world go for Masters in Business Analytics in UK Universities because of their creativity in the research field. The word ‘Analytics’ explains data-driven decision making and deals with a world business problem. So, Business Analytics must have some features that inspire students to gather the latest or up-to-date information. There are three main characteristics of business analytics that increase students’ ability to predict sharply and operate a business smoothly. They are as follows:
- Descriptive Analytics describes business occurrences
- Predictive Analytics identifies what could happen in a business, and
- Prescriptive Analytics tells what should happen in a business.
Apart from that, there are lots of skills in the business analytics sector from which students become benefitted. It also differentiates Business Analytics and Business Intelligence. Business Intelligence shows how to run the business efficiently whereas Business Analytics deals with analyzing the past data in recent scenarios and getting ready for future businesses.
Don’t have much time to read? Please watch this video.
Major Skills and knowledge you will gain studying this course
It is few and far between to get the combination of technology and business all-in-one platform. For this reason, it becomes an ideal study option for anyone to enjoy this exciting programming or working with big data.
By analyzing large data sets students gain knowledge on how to find a creative solution. For instance, they learn an understanding of consumer behavior and buying decisions as well as marketing strategy, business strategy and new business ventures.
Developing communication and presentation skills is another purpose of a business analytics degree. It remains an indispensable skill during studying Business Analytics. To adapt the communication style students prove their eligibility on the technical and business side.
Students learn programming languages such as Java and C++ in this sector. Different kinds of testing methods and databases are available students get experienced with.
Masters in Business Analytics in UK Universities teach how to manage time effectively in studies and beyond. So that, this transferable skill enhances students’ determination on managing projects and delivering important timeframes.
Major Courses of Masters in Business Analytics in UK Universities
Masters in Business Analytics in UK Universities comprises a broad course Curriculum that helps to multiply the importance of the course and its ‘popularity in the global market. Some of are given below:
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Management
- Managerial Economics
- Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Optimization Analytics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Stochastic Modeling
- Statistical Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Data Modelling
- Research Methods
- Managerial Communication
- Computational Methods
- Predictive Analytics
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management
- Operations & Supply Chain Analytics
- Marketing Analysis
- HR Analytics
- Data Mining
- Big Data Analytics
- Simulation Modeling
- Ethical & Legal Aspects of Analytics
- Analytics, Systems Analysis & Design
- Project Management
- Industry Internship Programme
- Professional Development
- Analytics Capstone Project
- Elective Paper, and so on.
Business Analytics’ Impressive Career and the Employability in the UK
No doubt that Business Analytics graduates have a wide range of career opportunities to explore. The global business analytics industry demands to be $71.1 billion by 2022 which is growing rapidly at a CAGR of 7%. Especially, multinational companies offer a great opportunity as well as impressive salary for specific business strategy and communication with stakeholders. A satisfied employability rate is found for Business Analytics, 98% within 3 months of completion. The Business Analytics job sectors offer almost £46,883 on average in London, UK. The starting salary range for Business Analytics is around £21,000 to £31,000 whereas Experienced business analysts can earn more than £50,000.
- Business/analytics translator
- Market research analyst
- Project manager
- Chief technology officer (CTO)
- Data Scientist,
- Machine learning engineer
- Data architect
- Data Business Analyst
- Business Analyst Manager/ Consultant.
- Chief data officer (CDO)
- Application architect
- Quantitative Analyst/Modeler, and so on.
Famous business analyst certifications/ accreditation
The business analyst offers certifications to promote the business analyst career, or change career paths. Some popular certifications are given below to get experienced with:–
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- IIBA Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- IIBA Certification in Business Data Analytics (CBDA)
- IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA)
- IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA)
- SimpliLearn Business Analyst Masters Program, and so on.
There are number of Scholarships, bursaries, and additional financial support offers by the University which could be full or partial and require to apply with in the deadline. Some of are given below:
- Program and School Scholarships,
- Society Scholarships (UK)
- Chevening Scholarships,
- Commonwealth Scholarships,
- Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loans (PTFL)
- Alumni (Visiting Undergraduate) Scholarship Scheme,
- Graduate Scholarship Scheme,
- Tuition Fee Alumni Scholarships,
- GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future,
- Global scholarships,
- Country-specific scholarships,
- Science and research funding,
- Commonwealth Scholarships,
- Chevening Scholarships, and so on.
Some of the best Colleges/Universities in the UK
Business Analytics is an amalgamation of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence that promotes Business related programs. Therefore, Business Analytics plays an important role in using knowledge of computer programming and statistical modelling. Over here, the famous Universities in the UK are included that offer MSC in Business Analytics and Business Analytics Programs:
- University of Surrey
- Coventry University
- University of Essex
- University of Glasgow
- Northumbria University (Newcastle and London)
- Imperial College London
- University of Warwick
- University of Strathclyde
- Lancaster University
- University of Aston
- University of Kent
- University of Liverpool
- The University of Edinburgh
You might be interested in:-