The University of Suffolk is a modern public university that belongs to a twenty-first century audience. It focuses on the UK university traditions and new entrepreneurship. The motto of this university is to change the conception of the world. For this reason, it is called a transformational university. It crystallizes the changing of lives as well as creates a strong academic community. Suffolk proves that everything changes and it needs to be bold to hold the success together. Moreover, this unique higher education institution builds up a regional relationship with the collaboration of local colleges. The university is enriched with expert tutors operated by up-to-date research and world-leading thinking,
Rankings and Achievements
- The University of Suffolk wins the ‘WhatUni Awards 2019‘, came back on 28 October 2020.
- The University of Suffolk secured 8th place in the country for Course and Lecturers.
- The university came across 13th for the placement.
- It stands for 20th for Student Support,
- It is ranked 25th in the UK for the University of the Year,
- The Suffolk Adult Learners’ Awards 2021.
- he university is being nominated for the Suffolk Adult Learners’ Awards 2021 as it shows an amazing achievement for adult learners and their teachers.
The University of East Anglia and the University of Essex combinedly established University Campus Suffolk’ (UCS) in 2007. Then, this innovative institute was given university status after gaining independence by the Privy Council in 2016 and became stands for ‘The University of Suffolk’.
The university comprises four campuses in which the main campus ‘The Ipswich campus’ was established in the heart of Ipswich, a historic country town. It is also called the Waterfront Building was designed by RMJM Architects and belongs to lecture halls and smaller teaching rooms.
The University of Suffolk consists of academic Schools and Professional Services. Each academic discipline has its courses and students can choose any of them by their choice and eligibility. The faculties are:
- School of Engineering, Arts, Science and Technology,
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities,
- School of Health and Sports Sciences,
- Suffolk Business School,
- Professional Services Departments.
International students – 2.1%
University of Suffolk: Fee Structure
The International tuition fee is £11,790-£16,380
University of Suffolk: Scholarships
Several scholarships are offered by The University of Suffolk for international students. It is applicable for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. They are as follows:
- Chevening Scholarship is an external scholarship applicable mainly to one-year Master’s programs. It is a global scholarship program provided by the UK Government.
- The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) is applicable for the student from developing countries who are willing to study in the UK. It is an external scholarship.
- Snowdon Masters Scholarship is an external scholarship applicable for Disabled Students.
Facilities and Services
- Available on-campus and off-campus halls of residence
- The University of Suffolk takes pride in many great achievements involving local initiatives.
- Students and staff have strong bonding that provides the highest quality education and research.
- Financial support is available for part-time UK/EU Undergraduates who can get a tuition fee loan.
- Funding for a disabled one.
Suffolk student union is dedicated enough to students’ well-being and ensures security and happiness of the students from freshers’ week to the Alumni night. The union is always remain busy with multiple events, services as well as responsibilities. Moreover, the union looks after and suggest concerning student finance, the course, housing issues, amusements. Suffolk has the Department of Library and Learning Services in which staff, students and researchers are mostly benefitted. The librarian and academic skills adviser are active enough to help students. The student union always helps with learning technologies. Suffolk is the safest city and a multi-cultural centre. Students from all over the world gather here and enjoy the beauty of Arts, designs, and national parks. The city has a strong social bonding where students can build up a good relationship among other institutions.
The University of Suffolk provides a luxurious as well as a comfortable living place for students. The students have an option to choose accommodation where they wish to live. The university authorities provide details about accommodation endorsements. There are many residence halls. Among them, the Athena Hall provides on-campus facilities that is located close to the Waterfront Building on the Ipswich Waterfront. Therefore, the Ormonde House is a quiet environment to live and study in which is renovated to a high standard at present. AXO Suffolk is another purpose-built flat for the students who choose independent living as well as friendship grouping. It has a shared kitchen, shared lounge, bronze chambers, silver chambers, and so on. Spring Court is another purpose-built flat for the students established in Spring Road. Above all, there is a walkable distance between on-campus and off-campus halls of residence and local amenities. Above all, Suffolk is a green city with a suburban garden and anyone can live a full of life.
Courses Offered by University of Suffolk
There is a very easy going transportation in Suffolk city. Students can travel easily from one place to another by buses. Therefore, there are available student support services in traveling bearing free ticket service facility. The ticket services can be weekly, monthly and annual. Moreover, there is only a 20-minute walking distance to the main Ipswich train station. Students can also move to the Futura Park, Ransomes Euro Park, Anglia Retail Park that are Ipswich’s key retail parks. Each station has network maps and students can access the Cattle Market Bus Station, Tower Ramparts Bus Station, and so on. For disabled students modern buses space, buggies and wheelchair facilities are available. They can visit Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital anytime. Above all, Suffolk Show bus services are available for students tours, excursions, etc. and the Blue Badge parking bays stand for disabled students. Visitors may come across to the university for their loved one.