University of Salford UK is a public university. It has 125 years of proud progress history. From standard courses to research programmes it is an unstoppable institute. The university also has a dedication to environmental sustainability and industry initiatives.
Salford has a clear vision to serve people and the economy by their every activity. Studying in Salford will surely make the students feel their potential.
Rankings and Achievements
University of Salford ranking in the UK and worldwide is appreciable. Here are some of its achievements list-
1. Salford QS rank of 2022 is 801-1000th.
2. The university ranked 251–200th in Young University Rankings 2017 by THE.
3. In 2020, the institute has owned three awards from Educate North Awards-
> Student Experience Award – University Sector for Salford Now and Quays News.
> External Relations Team of the Year Award.
> Business/Industry Collaboration – University Sector Award.
4. It secured 83rd place out of 130 universities by University League Table 2022.
5. The Guardian University Rank of Salford is 103rd.
University of Salford UK is a formation of two institutes. Back in the late eighteen century, there was a demand for new industrial skills. As a result, Pendleton Mechanics Institute in 1850 was formed. And after eight years people got the Salford Working Men’s. In 1896 York’s Duke and Duchess merged the two institutes. Then they opened the Royal Technical Institute, Salford.
The later history says-
- 1921- The Royal Technical Institute, Salford adopted another name- Royal Technical College, Salford.
- 1958- The college parted into two organisations. Those are The Royal College of Advanced Technology and Peel Park Technical College. Peel Park Technical College changed its name three more times-
- Peel Park Technical Institute in 1961
- Salford College of Technology in 1970
- University College Salford in 1992
- 1967- The Royal College of Advanced Technology became the University of Salford.
- 1996-The University College Salford and the University of Salford became a single institute. We know it as University of Salford now.
The university has divided the faculties into four schools-
- Salford School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology
- School of Science, Engineering and Environment
- School of Health and Society
- Salford Business School
- Undergraduate – 81%
- Postgraduate – 19%
- Full-time students – 87%
- Part-time students – 13%
- UK students– 91%
- EU students- 2%
- International students – 7%
- Female – 45%
- Male – 55%
- Total student population – 15,001–25,000 students
University of Suffolk: Fee Structure
- Undergraduate courses – £14,400 to £16,740
- International Foundation Year – £12,000
- Postgraduate taught courses – £11,340 to £18,990
University of Suffolk: Scholarships
The university has put great effort into providing financial support for education. For any level of university of salford graduation scholarships are available. In the last five years, it has provided £5 million in scholarships and bursaries. And those brilliant international students are in serving around the world today. Five types of scholarships are-
- Salford International Excellence Award
- Academic scholarships by programme
- Partnership scholarships
- Global Gold Excellence Scholarship
- Global Silver Excellence Scholarship
Besides, there are two types of discount options for students. A student with a Salford degree can get a discount for choosing another programme. It is called ‘Loyalty discount, and the value is 20%. Again, a student who pays full payment at a time get a 3% discount. This is known as ‘Prompt payment discount’.
Facilities and Services
University of Salford UK is concern about students’ comfort. So, they maintain quality services to provide them. They run podcast series also. New students can tune it and hear insider information. Some common facilities include-
- Clifford Whitworth Library
- Wellbeing support
- Faith center
- Student Store
- Cafes and Food outlets
- Sports center
- Psychology labs
- Counselling center and service,
- Event venues Peel Hall, Robert Powell, Chapman Gallery, and Adelphi Studio Theatre
- Tom Husband Leisure Centre etc.
The university is based in the center of Greater Manchester. The main city is only 2km away from the campus. The beauty and the diversity of Manchester amaze all types of students. The vibrant city allows students to enjoy colorful nights. Students can easily explore the city restaurants, bars and all kinds of shops. Again, Manchester CHINATOWN is the second biggest in the UK. So, students can easily reduce their monotony. They can choose to spend quality time alone or with friends. Moreover, this city was recognised as the third kindest city in the UK.
Opposite recreation facilities are available at the MediaCityUK campus. Students can travel Quays free of cost. Here, they can find a peaceful environment far from the business of the city. The Lowry Theatre, shopping centers, and restaurants and other exciting places are here. Students can visit these all and gather new experiences.
To ease life on campus Salford Student Union gives a great effort. SU makes students love studying here. Through them, students can do social, clubs, events, and other activities. Thus, they can show their talents and make new friends. Also, SU provides suggestions for students’ wellbeing and financial matters.
For any level of students finding safe and well-facilitated housing is important. Salford understands this and offers world-class accommodation options. The university of salford accommodation partner is Campus Living Villages (CLV). CLV provides two housing options-
Peel Park Quarter
Any undergrad and postgrad student can choose this accommodation. It takes only a few minutes to reach classes from Peel Park Quarter. The security system, gym, social area, cinema room, bike storage all are here. For different budget students, there are six types of room-
- Diamond, and
John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts
This option is best for postgrad students and returning students. But the facilities are all the same here. Of course, students can utilize and enjoy university of salford student accommodation well.
Again, off-campus residences are also available nearer to the campus. Manchester Student Homes help in this regard. Students can take their support to find secure, cheap, and comfortable private accommodations.
Courses Offered by University of Salford
The university students have several options of transports. Manchester is a 20minutes walk away from the campus. Yes, walking is cost-free and safe to travel nearer distances.
Yet, local vehicles like buses and trains, trams are also available. Salford has its own train station too. It takes only 10 minutes to reach Manchester by train. The Manchester airport can be also reached by direct trains.
The 50 bus gives free service to students to travel between Peel Park campus and MediaCityUK. For every mode of transport, students can buy season tickets.
Also, students can find three electric vehicle charging points around the campus. And, there are options to park cars at the campus by paying fees.