The University of Reading in the UK is a public university renowned for its charming field of agriculture, food and health; environment; heritage and creativity; and prosperity and resilience. Students can choose more than 250 courses to their interest. Therefore, students get additional university-wide seminars and lectures about work placements. Music lovers love Reading because of its contributions in the groups of students who get the chance of a lifetime to report live from backstage, interviewing festival-goers and artists. Berkshire arranges jazz music, comedy, and food and drinks in the festivals along with theatres and venues for live comedy and music. Reading is the home to 17,000 students who can get all kinds of facilities from their organized Reading University Students’ Union (RUSU).
Rankings and Achievements
- The university of reading in the UK Received a Silver award for the Teaching Excellence Framework.
- Awarded the biannual Queen’s Anniversary Prize
- Ranked 35th in the UK amongst multi-faculty institutions
- Secured 28th position in Research Excellence Framework
The University of reading in the UK was established in 1892 and emerged as a University of Oxford extension college. At first, it was a School of Art and Science then it transferred to the new college by the council. Wantage Hall was built three years later by the Palmer family of Huntley & Palmers fame. The Hall is famous for its research workings. Reading University consists mainly of three units. Whiteknights campus is the main campus that won awards for its 130 hectares of parkland. During that time the historic London Road campus has recently gone through a £30 million transformation. Greenlands campus is the third one.
International students – 31%
The students of the University of Reading in the UK can choose any discipline by following under the choice and eligibility. Famous subjects are as follows:
- Applied sciences to languages,
- Computer Science
- Humanities, social sciences, business and the arts
- Construction Management
- Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Politics and International Relations
- Psychology and so on.
Breakdown of fee structure
International tuition fee is £16,475-19,815
The University of Reading takes on fully-funded scholarship for international students in between the Postgraduate and Undergraduate Courses.
- International Excellence Scholarships based on academic performance extracurricular activities and A-level, IB, Foundation results and Personal statement as well.
- A wide range of scholarships and discounts is available for the International Foundation Programme (IFP) students.
- High achiever Students who pursuing postgraduate studies are welcomed to the Felix Scholarship manoeuvre. This scholarship covered tuition fees including living expenses of around £14,570, provides stipend .
- There are two funding opportunities for Master’s Scholarships. One is centrally-funded General Scholarships, another is Subject Scholarships that are provided by the school.
Facilities and Services
The University of Reading is famous for the academic courses. There is a large number of degree areas are found such as pure and applied sciences, social sciences, languages, arts, humanities and business and more than over 50 research centres named ‘centres of excellence’ take in agriculture, meteorology, the physical sciences, and European history and culture. A large number of international students from all over the world gather here and enjoy their culture a lot.
The university has a Sports Park and rehearsal and performance spaces. Library with projects Chaplaincy Centre, Medical and Dental Practice, Disability Support, International Student Advice, academic and employability Support all are available here.
Reading University Students’ Union (RUSU) is a well- known association that helps students experience studying at Reading. Students become a member of the organization spontaneously upon Enrolment. The university is celebrated for its outstanding music festivals every year. Especially, in summer there have been found lively city famed for hosting the festival in the UK. Almost 87,000 music fans come and enjoy the party. Therefore, parks, shopping and sports facilities make the place’ the Berkshire town livable.
The university ‘UPP offers accommodation contract to the students in line with Halls of Residence an extension to the Halls license fee waiver. Here the living cost is between £4,520 – £5,960 once a year. Reading provides catered and self-catered accommodation for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, The modern flats with exclusive traditional corridor-style blocks along with self-catered rooms facilitate students. Therefore, lots of restaurants and cafes are available at Whiteknights and London Road campuses.
Reading students get relaxed easy-going transportation. They can travel comfortably to cities like Bristol, Bath, Cardiff, and Oxford by train within a short time (half an hour)
To know more information please contact us now.