The University of Nottingham is one of the famous research-based public universities and a part of Russell Group Universities. It is the seventh-largest global university in the UK with the vision of discovering world-class research that can transform lives across the world. The students get the best learning experiences as well as the expert tutors operated by up-to-date research. The University of Nottingham shows its’ excellence in the field of Geography, Veterinary sciences, Pharmacy, English language and literature. There are more than 50 schools, departments, institutes, and research centres that amalgamate this award-winning institute.
Rankings and Achievements: University of Nottingham
- The University of Nottingham often characterizes in the UK’s top 30 Higher Education institutions.
- In the field of research power, Nottingham is ranked eighth in the UK. More than 97% research works are internationally recognized and got the highest research rank .
- The University was ranked 99th in the QS World University Rankings – 2021,
- Secured 26th position in the Times University Guide 2021, and
- 38th in the Guardian University Guide 2021 Apart from that, The University of Nottingham was the winner of some prestigious awards like, Turner Prize, a Fields Medal, 3 Nobel Prizes, and a Gabor Medal and Prize.
The University College Nottingham was established as a Civic College in 1881. After that, it was taken for the Royal Charter in 1948 and was given university status. The college was initiated by King George V in 1928. Then, it was settled on its main campus named the University Park. Once the students eagerly wanted to study at The University of Nottingham because of some famous personalities who taught students as guest teachers. For instance, Mahatma Gandhi, Einstein, and HG Wells were Nottinghams’ faculty members. Some great innovative initiatives started by the university like founding the first Medical School(20th- century) as well as the School of Nursing in England.
The University of Nottingham has several undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the
students that are offered. The university consists of five component faculties.
- Faculty of Arts,
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science, and
- Faculty of Social Sciences
International students – 11.4%
Fee Structure: University of Nottingham
The international tuition fee is £14,010-20,070
Scholarships: University of Nottingham
Several Internal and external scholarships are offered by the University of Nottingham for
international students. They are as follows:
- The regional excellence award has an endowment towards tuition fees for the Nottingham undergraduate degree program.
- Students can also apply to the UK International Undergraduate Excellence Award.
- Africa Undergraduate Excellence Award
- Americas Undergraduate Excellence Award
- ASEAN and Oceania Undergraduate Excellence Award
- Commonwealth of Independent States Undergraduate Excellence Award
- East Asia Undergraduate Excellence Award
- Europe Undergraduate Excellence Award
- Middle East and Turkey Undergraduate Excellence Award
- South Asia Undergraduate Excellence Award
- International Sporting Excellence Award
- Deng Yaping Sports Scholarship
- The three sports scholarship packages.
All these awards are also applicable for Postgraduate scholarships.
- Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship
- University of Nottingham China and Malaysia Alumni Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship,
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship
- Mexico CONACYT Scholarship
- Sir Francis Hill Postgraduate Scholarship, and so on.
Facilities and Services
There are four specific locations for international conference and events solutions.
- Available childcare and disabled access,
- Latest It supports or computer facilities,
- Modern restaurants and cafeterias
- Every Nottingham university campuses have sports centres.
- Accommodation solutions, a wedding service.
- Available First-class sports facilities for the talents.
- Occupational health care services and pharmacy.
The life of the Nottingham students is stress-free at the University. Students from all over the world gather here and can make a life- long friendship. They can enjoy lots with the spectacular environment including community partnerships and two student theatre companies. The Lakeside Arts Centre indicates Nottingham’s cultural life. Therefore, the Students’ Union (SU) is established with the students who are very much active and provide all- time services at the University. They give support and solve any kind of problems of financial, course, and housing issues, and amusements. The students can participate in sports clubs, societies and volunteering opportunities, Moreover, more than 70 different sports clubs are available for the young and sports-lovers in the campus. Well-equipped libraries with full of inevitable resources always support the growing talents.
The main campus of Nottingham is The Park Campus which stands for a student hub. Therefore, The Medical School campus, The Jubilee Campus, King’s Meadow Campus, as well as Sutton Bonington campus, all Campuses are well-known. Among them, The Park Campus is famous for one of the most attractive campuses in the country. The university has the catered halls for residence. The Albion House stands for Off- campus which is near University Park. The university owns its’ dental unit, Occupational health, and a pharmacy.
Moreover, for the cultural activities ‘The Lakeside Arts Centre’ holds its heritage year after year. The historic character Robin Hood’s home can be found included with the fantastic culture, sport, nightlife and shopping centres. So many livable and comfortable halls are available like, Ancaster Hall, Beeston Hall, Broadgate Park, Cavendish Hall, Cripps Hall, Willoughby Hall and so on.
Courses Offered by University of Nottingham
The infrastructure of transportation including road, rail, coastal, and airfield is well-equipped at Nottingham city. University students can move easily from one place to another. Both staff and students can travel by a free inter-campus bus service that is very rare. Public bus services are established with the collaboration of University campuses and Nottingham city centre. Thus, a strong relationship is built up with Nottingham City Transport. So many people choose to travel to our campuses by buses like Hopper buses. The Nottingham train station provides validate travel pass for the tram travel that is to be known as ‘buy before you board’. The Robin Hood cards are also offered everywhere for Nottingham’s bus, tram, and train network. The name of the three types of tickets are -paper day ticket, Pay as You Go- smartcard, and season pass.