The University of Hull is a public research-based university situated in Kingston upon Hull, England. It is a centre of higher education building on the rich heritage of groundbreaking discoveries. The World-changing research tackles the big challenges over here. The motto of the University is ‘Bearing the Torch of learning’ so that everyone can achieve an extraordinary learning experience. Therefore, a wide range of partnerships provide students with valuable work experience through the right opportunities ahead to make the world a better place.
Rankings & Achievements of University of Hull
- Secured 60th place in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- 64th in The Complete University Guide2021
- 72nd in The Guardian University League tables 2020
- 501-600THE World University Ranking 2020
- 601-650 QS World University Ranking 2021
- 701-800 ARWU World University Ranking2020
- 9% of the International students get work placement facility as well as a further study within six months of graduating
- Awarded a student satisfaction rating of 84.2%
- Top 50university for research power in the UK(REF 2014)
- 3rd in the UK for research impact in Geography and Environmental Studies (REF2014)
- 5th in the UK for research impact in Computer Science (REF 2014)
The origin of the University was found in 1927 in the name of University College Hull. The Duke of York, King George VI, laid the foundation stone of the University. Then, the institution started a business with 39 students and 14 ‘one-person’ departments. In 1954, the institution got University status by The Royal Charter. In Yorkshire, it secured third position and 14th university in England. Today, it is granted as one of the world’s best Research and Learning institutes. The main university campus is situated in Hull based in a residential area.
The University of Hull has four distinct faculties by following 23 schools and departments. They are as follows:
Faculty of Arts, Cultures, and Education; Faculty of Business, Law and Politics; Faculty of Health Sciences; Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- School of Arts
- Department of Criminology and Sociology
- School of Education
- Department of English and American Studies
- Department of History
- Department of Languages and Philosophy
- Hull University Business School
- The Law School
- School of Politics and International Studies
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Hull York Medical School
- Department of Midwifery and Child Health
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Paramedical, Perioperative and Advanced Practice
- Department of Psychological Health, Wellbeing and Social Work
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sport, Health and Exercise Science
- Department of Biological and Marine Sciences
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science and Technology
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Geography, Geology and Environment
- Department of Physics and Mathematics
International students – 8.5%
Fee Structure of University of Hull
The international tuition fee is £14,800- £17,550
Scholarships of University of Hull
- Graduate PGT Scholarship
- Armed Forces Bereavement Scholarship Scheme
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Bursaries
- Child Grant
- Childcare Grant
- China Scholarship Council Ph.D. Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships Scheme
- Gillian Stead Bursary
- GREAT Scholarship 2021
- Humber Grant
- Hull York Medical School Bursary
- Parents’ Learning Allowance
- Ph.D. Scholarships
- Sanctuary Fee Reduction
- Sanctuary Scholarship
- Talented Athlete Program
- Vice-Chancellor Circle Scholarships
- International Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
Facilities and Services
The University of Hull provides everything students need, all in one place.
- The campus runs by helpful and professional monitors 24hours a day, 365days a year along with the Facilities and Security team.
- Middleton Hall400-seat concert hall, industry-standard recording and rehearsal spaces, Brynmor Jones Library resources
- The on-campus accommodation – The Courtyard and Westfield Court have staff on-site 24hours a day.
- The disabled access facilities are available.
- The Allam Sports Centre and state-of-the-art library provide 24hours facilities.
- A quiet or bustling house, as well as large Edwardian terraced homes along with spacious study places, make feel students a perfect living place.
- The Hull Immersive Visualization Environment is called HIVE provides an array of advanced visualization, motion capture and computer graphics technology.
- £9.5 million investment turned Middleton Hall into one of the region’s best performance venues and cinemas.
Students of Hull go to lectures, play sport, have tutorials, grab lunch, use the library, go to the gym, enjoy a night out, all right on campus. Hull University Union (HUU) is a dedicated Students’ Union and completely a separate entity that plays a great role in student’s betterment. Therefore, Hull University Students’ Unions Advice Centre is active enough to support workload concerns, allegations of plagiarism, mitigating circumstances, academic misconduct, Personal Supervisor issues, academic appeals, suspension of studies and repeat years. The University’s Skills Team works on academic writing – online, in workshops as well as Master Classes. Therefore, lots of events, festivals, exhibitions like Husu big quiz, Festivhull – the student garden party occurs all year round. Students with a common interest create a society that represents extra-curricular, political, religious, activism, and so on. The volunteering team supports getting involved in various activities alongside studies. Hull is a very affordable city for students with hidden gems. It is a city of friends for life where students can build up a lifelong friendship in their journey. A thousand trees, rose-filled lawns, ivy-clad red-brick buildings, brand-new gym and sports centre, restaurants and bars, supermarkets, nightclubs, all enrich the city’s surroundings.
The University of Hull is a home away from home. The Westfield Court has the newest and up- to-date on-campus facilities, specifically designed for student life. This is a place with modern living and social spaces along with accommodation facilities. Thus, it has everything students need to complete the student experience. Over here, self-catered facilities provide 24-hour security and flat, modern en suite facilities ensure students comfortable living place. The lounge is well-equipped with a microwave, toaster, cooker, freezer, etc. along with the card-controlled access, laundry facility. Moreover, The Courtyard and Taylor Court are the great sources of on-campus facilities as well as a vibrant living environment. The Salmon Grove Guest House is a comfortable self-catered property that is well-equipped with single, double and twin en-suite rooms, kitchen, and music centre. Hull belongs to popular student streets with private student accommodation. The Cottingham Road, Newland Avenue and Beverley Road are unique living places.
Get around the Hull is easier than any other place. The transport system of the city is flexible to travel easily from one place to another. Over here students can travel by air, car, train, buses, ferry, or taxi. Direct travelers are benefitted from traffic signs posted along the main road of the city centre. The roads are spacious enough as well as free of charge for on-street parking, council car parks, and private car parks. It takes only half an hour to reach the Humberside International Airport from the centre of Hull. The motorway network is available for 1 million passengers annually.