The specialist Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is the second biggest university in Bournemouth and Poole in the United Kingdom. This is a ruling institute for the creative industries. It offers high-quality teaching in Arts, Design, Performance, and Media. Being a higher education-based university AUB is dedicated not only to its education but also career goals.
Back in 1880, Arts University Bournemouth was established first as a Government School of Art. Over time it has faced many changes and adopted many names in different years. Thus, it has expanded its departments and courses. In 2008, the institute gained the prestigious power of taught degree-awarding. Finally, it met all the criteria to gain the status of University and became Arts University Bournemouth with the approval of Privy Counselor. Only two recognized representatives are members of GuildHE for Higher Education in the UK, and Arts University Bournemouth is one of the proud members of them now.
Arts University Bournemouth Ranking and Achievements
- AUB’s teaching quality is rated as GOLD by TEF.
- According to Which University Survey 2012, AUB secured 1st position in the Creative University category. After that in 2018, listed in the top 5 for the same category again.
- In 2016, it has earned the prestigious award ‘The Sir Misha Black Award’ as the first institute of art.
- AUB is two times the owners of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
- Top Specialist University in the UK- Sunday Times Guide 2021.
- Top 50 Universities- Complete University Guide rankings 2021.
- NSS 2021 Rank- 101
- Impact Ranking- 401-600th
Arts University Bournemouth Faculties
Arts University Bournemouth(AUB) is mainly divided into the following faculties:
- Faculty of Media & Performance
- Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture
Arts University Bournemouth owned a Bournemouth Film School. This famous school was founded in 1963. AUB is a full member of CILECT.
BFS is formed of:
- BA (Hons) Film Production,
- MA Film Practice,
- BA (Hons) Animation Production,
- MA Animation Production,
- BA (Hons) Visual Effects (VFX) for Film and Television,
- BA (Hons) Make-Up for Media and Performance,
- BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design,
- BA (Hons) Costume
- BA (Hons) Performance Design and Film Costume
- BA (Hons) Acting and
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing.
Courses Offered by Arts University Bournemouth
Breakdown of fee structure
Fees for International students starts from £16,500
Arts University Bournemouth Scholarships
AUB offers different scholarships to motivate students by reducing their expenses. In 2020, eligible students of MA have enjoyed International Excellence Scholarships, worth £5,000 each. Recently the university has again announced some exciting scholarships and bursaries.
- Vice-Chancellor Scholarship: Ranges from £5,250-£8,500
- International Institution and School Partnership Bursary: Ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Mature Student Bursary: Ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Global Bursary: £5,000
- Progression Bursary: Ranges from £3,000-£5,000
- Short-course Alumni Bursary: Ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Alumni and Family Bursary: Ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Early-Payment Fee Waiver: £1,500
Facilities and Services
Multiple on-campus resources and facilities are offered by the university. There is a big library for the creative arts. Students can experience exciting creative works of popular artists in the gallery. Other facilities include a canteen, bar, café is also there on the campus. The campus is beautiful with the view of popular beaches, arts scene. Students always like to enjoy the famous nightlife here. Moreover, Bournemouth University is nearer to AUB. Students of Arts University Bournemouth also can access Bournemouth University’s fitness, sport, the student union shop, a book shop, and a Santander Bank facility.
AUB proudly serves students of 60 countries over the globe. International students get every facility and treat according to their needs here. For about 400 international students there is a policy named ‘open door’. Here students can knock for casual chats or search for answers to any questions. Country ambassadors, careers, and student service departments are also there.
The Arts University Bournemouth campus in the coastal town Poole is enjoyable to the students. To make student life easy on the campus the university has a Student’s Union called AUBSU. They maintain 30 clubs and societies under it. All students of AUB are an automatic member of AUBSU. AUBSU arranges various events, freshers’ week, presents meeting for students, trains course, and so on. Students here enjoy a friendly environment to share their thoughts and make social networks. AUBSU publish a magazine prepared by students named BUMF. It is related to the university’s course programs, poetry, writing, and music. Moreover, the International Student Society as part of the Students Union also provides benefits to the international students.
The Arts University Bournemouth offers four accommodations for students. These all are off-campus housings situated all around the city. Students with disabilities or who live far away from the city get priority for the seats in the halls.
The beautiful Bournemouth city has many interesting places to visit and its transportation system is well-accessed. From any of the housings, cycleways are perfect for students to reach the Arts University Bournemouth Campus . The university also offers a bus service name UNIBUS for students.
Within the 5 miles radius of the university campus, a student can experience all the fantastic places of the city. Popular water-parks, gardens, cinemas, different restaurants, and shops, etc. are all easy to explore. Local transports provide good service here. The Christchurch and Poole regions are also connected to the city. Students can also access Beryl Bike services.
To travel long distances, coaches and trains are available. From the Landsdown halls, students can reach these stations shortly and travel to New Forest, Southampton, London, and other places.