An individual, who wants to study for the specialist MSc Accounting course and explore career prospects in the accountancy profession must look for UK universities. The UK University has always been a great field of business study that has challenges over the years. The best way for accepting the challenge is to look for courses, or institutes which offer a well-acclaimed certification. Over here, new placement in business studies enhances the graduate employment prospects. The expert as well as industry-experienced tutors, and influential guest speakers of the Universities provide up-to-date research activities as well as an excellent learning environment. Moreover, an extraordinary Lab along with strong local and London-based professional connections enhance students’ interest.
- Limitless employment prospects because most businesses require the service of a professional accountant.
- The demand for experienced accountants will remain high which make sure a secure career.
- Obtaining a master’s degree like MSc in Accounting opens a new door for career opportunities and helps them to increase their knowledge, and improve their competence.
- The specialist MSc Accounting course is the way students gain a practical and theoretical understanding of the important and key financial practices as well as life-changing skills.
This program is designed with all basic knowledge of accounting. Who wants a career in the accountancy profession can choose it. This course will also help to understand the complexity of global financial markets, business concepts and financial system operations. Therefore, students will learn how to cope with the changes and bustling nature of the finance world. Some of the latest courses are given below:
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Qualitative Research Methods
- International Accounting Practice and Regulation
- Quantitative Research Methods in Accounting
- Assurance and Credible Corporate Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Governance
- Elements of Market Based Accounting Research, and so on.
- The UK University requires students from a business studies background or a degree in accounting or overseas equivalent. Generally, a minimum of 2:2 bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business-related discipline is accepted.
- Excellent results in accounting subjects get priority
- Students from business administration, business management or commerce, economics also can apply
- Students who have gained a well-balanced score on GMAT or GRE in the quantitative sections are welcomed; GMAT of 600 -800 (recommended)
- English Language Proficiency Tests: IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each element. TOEFL and other tests are accepted with good points.
- Financial affidavits
- Reference letters
- University specified statement of purpose
Fees and Scholarships
The international tuition fee for MSc in Accounting is £13,900-£25,000. The fees included the course tuition, administration and computational costs during studies.
The UK University offers several scholarships, bursaries, grants, and additional financial support for international students. Students who want to be specialized in this field can apply within deadlines. For instance, EY Assurance Scholarship, JSCCA Bursary, ICAS Foundation Bursary, Mark V Williams Undergraduate Scholarship – UEA, Director of Programmes (Accounting & Finance) Scholarship– BPP University, Nexen Petroleum UK Ltd Scholarship – University of Warwick.
- Apart from that, there are several scholarships available in UK Universities:
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Personal Circumstances
- Financial Need
- Industry scholarships
- Marketing led scholarships
- Charitable purposes, and so on.
Employability & Accreditation:
MSc in Accounting opens the door of a lucrative career in the UK and internationally. 100% of postgraduate Business students are employed in various business sectors or organizations 15 months after graduating (2017/18 Graduate Outcomes data). Students who are interested in banking, accountancy, insurance brokering, financial trader, financial advisor, chartered accountancy, Forensic accountant, Stockbroker, tax advisor, and investment analyst must choose the course. Last but not the least, there is a ‘Professional Accreditation’ offered by the ‘University of Essex’. Students will appear in fewer exams after graduation and be able to gain the certification from The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
The famous UK universities are mentioned here that offer accounting programs:
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Liverpool
- De Montfort University
- University of Manchester
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Warwick
- City University of London
- Lancaster University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- Cardiff University
- University of Essex, and so on.