One of only four universities in the South East of England to receive the highest ‘Gold’ rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework.
- One of the world’s top 100 new universities
- Students will be informed by industry professionals
- Welcomes 4,000 international & EU students
- Has invested over £180m in its campus in recent years
The University of Portsmouth is an education provider based in Portsmouth, the UK, that enjoys an excellent reputation for quality teaching and sustained, high levels of student satisfaction. It is committed to preparing students for their future career and offers high-quality study options, dedicated careers and recruitment services and a strong graduate employment track record. More than this, students have access to fantastic facilities in a vibrant city campus on the beautiful South Coast – only 90 minutes from central London.
A few quick reasons to choose Portsmouth…
- It is the 37th best University in the UK, according to the Guardian University Guide 2018.
- It received an 89% satisfaction rate in the National Student Survey 2016. Almost 1 in 5 of its courses has achieved 100% satisfaction.
- It is one of the world’s top 100 new universities in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017.
- Its performance indicators show that 96.5% of its graduates are in work or in further study within six months of graduation.
- The NatWest Student Living Index 2016 has named Portsmouth as the most affordable UK city for students, making it the ideal place to live and study.
- Portsmouth graduates earn more than the sector average. Six months after completing an undergraduate course, a Portsmouth graduate’s average salary has gone up by £2,000 this year to £23,500.
- Portsmouth has a population of 23,000 students and 2,500 full-time equivalent staff. And it has more than 4,000 international and EU students from almost 130 different countries.
- 89% of its research in Physics and 90% of research in Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in REF2014.
- Portsmouth has invested more than £180 million in its buildings and resources over the last 10 years.
- The University provides £8 million a year in bursaries and hardship funds for students. View scholarships available for international students…
Everything’s close by in Portsmouth. One minute, students could be standing on the deck of a historic ship, the next- they could be walking down a bustling shopping street, browsing in a gallery or sitting on the beach. The city’s flat – perfect for cycling – and everything’s close by so it’s easy to get around. By night, Portsmouth comes alive with gigs, bars, restaurants, clubs and shows.
The main part of the city is built on the natural island of Portsea on the South Coast of England. The resort area of Southsea occupies its southern part and, although it’s part of Portsmouth, is recognised as distinct from the rest of the city. Many students live in Southsea and contribute to its friendly, cosmopolitan and quirky character.
As a city campus, all the teaching and most of its residences are in the centre of Portsmouth, so the University and city’s facilities are right on the student-doorstep. The campus is made up of over 40 buildings, interspersed with green spaces and communal areas such as cafés and coffee shops.