We pride ourselves on offering the highest-quality experience in both your academic and student life. You’ll be joining a leading university community, working alongside academics who are global experts in their field and who encourage and emphasise the importance of originality and independent thinking.
We perform consistently well in ratings and rankings, so when you come to the University of Birmingham you can rest assured that you are joining a leading institution with proven credentials.
Some of our achievements include:
- We are the 2nd most targetted university by top employers in the UK (High Fliers: The Graduate Market, 2017-18).
- 7th in UK for employability in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- We are ranked 15th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) results showed that 87% of our research impact ranked 4* or 3* for this category, with some areas achieving the highest scores in the country.
- We were awarded University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015-16.
- Our 250-acre campus was recently listed in the top 10 most beautiful universities in Britain by the Telegraph.
Schools or Faculties
- College of Arts and Law
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Life and Environment Sciences
- Medical and Dental Sciences
- Social Sciences
Job Prospects & Employability
The University of Birmingham has been named among the top five UK institutions for graduate employment. Data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) shows that almost 87 per cent of Birmingham’s leavers were in graduate-level jobs or further education within six months of graduating.
If one takes in to account overall employability, the University of Birmingham also fares better than Oxford, with 95.1% of Birmingham’s students in employment or further study within six months of graduating. This is also an increase on last year’s figures.
Birmingham has a strong worldwide reputation for producing sought-after graduates. The University was ranked as the 13th most targeted university by leading employers in the UK in the High Fliers Graduate Market in 2015 report and the Guardian University Guide 2015 places Birmingham 8th in the UK for career prospects. Internationally, the QS World University rankings has Birmingham ranked 55th in the world for employer reputation.
Hundreds of Scholarships available at University of Birmingham for Home, EU and international students for Undergraduate, Postgraduate courses. Please contact us to know more about the scholarships options at this University.
Whoever you are, wherever you come from, we’ll make sure you have all the support you need to make the most of your time at Birmingham. The university have various services to support the students during the time in university. Some of the services includes
- Student Mentor Scheme
- Disability and dyslexia
- Money advice and support
- Nursery facilities