With a dynamic research environment, small class sizes, and an emphasis on employability, Bangor University is a place where ambitious students excel. It is considered to be one of the most attractive study locations in the UK with easy access to London, Dublin, Liverpool, and Manchester, and it was voted ‘Best UK University setting’ by The Independent.
Established in 1884, Bangor is ranked in the top 10 UK universities for student satisfaction and top 5 for Academic Experience (National Student Satisfaction Survey 2017).
Careers and Employability
- Top 10 UK University for Job Prospects – WhatUni 2017
- 92% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2015/16
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering.
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing, and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, RSC, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, and NMC.
Schools or Faculties
• College of Arts and Humanities
• College of Business, Law, Education and Social Sciences
• College of Natural Sciences
• College of Health and Behavioural Sciences
• College of Physical and Applied Sciences
We offer scholarships of up to £4,000 per year of study, for more information please request a callback.