The University for the Creative Arts (UCA) is a well-known ‘art and design university’ situated in the south of England. Students find a creative journey through this unique institution to make the world a better place. It is the place of talents to make a difference and work with professional creatives and build industry experience. So many expert tutors inspire students to build up a creative future. Therefore, people from all different backgrounds gather here and feel excited to join a close-knit community.
The University for the Creative Arts (UCA) has flexible as well as creative undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees. It also offers Pre-degree & Foundation Studies act as an alternative to A-levels. Meanwhile, pre-degree studies are designed suitably even for the mature students who wish to flourish their creativity.
University for the Creative Arts at Farnham
University for the Creative Arts (UCA) students who are pursuing for professional creative works to build up industry experiences can have an ideal place named Farnham. It is given ‘World Craft Town’ status and regarded as a national hub for makers. Moreover, UCA Farnham provides specialist facilities from metalwork to animations or films. It is one of the biggest campuses and students get an innovative academic learning place.
University of the Arts Creative Opportunities
University for the Creative Arts (UCA) students get an opportunity to work alongside practising artists and industry leaders who share their in-depth knowledge and experience during study period. Therefore, Careers Advisers ‘ll be there for students to show how to make the most of industry contacts and students can access Universities’ online resources, lectures, workshops and live events even after their graduation. Moreover, The university opens a Gradshow to the world by sharing graduates’ incredible works and information.
University for the Creative Arts Study Level and Employability
- Postgraduate Research
- Pre-degree and Foundation Studies
- Pre-sessional English
Creative Arts graduates are cordially accepted anywhere around the world. Almost 97% of employment rate is found in the UK. A great employment opportunity is waiting for this creative skill. Large companies offer attractive positions to degree holders.
University for the Creative Arts Rankings
- Ranked country’s top creative specialist university for 2021, in The Guardian Best Universities League Table
- Secured the highest position as Specialist Arts Institution in the UK (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- Secured 7th position for Business & Management in The Guardian Best Universities League Table
- Regarded as the best quality teaching in the most recent Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework assessment
- 93% of research works are internationally recognised in the recent Research Excellence Framework assessment.
- Ranked 71st in the Times University Guide 2021
- Secured 33rd place in the Guardian University Guide 2021
- Ranked 44th in The Complete University Guide 2021; University Ranking (UK)
The origin of the University was found in 1867. At that time the Maidstone College of Art was established. After that, the college changed names to be The Kent Institute of Art and Design which started its’ journey with multiple art colleges in 1987. In 2004, the institution was initially established as a university. And finally, this Art institute is given university status and becomes University for the Creative Arts (UCA) in the year 2008.
University for the Creative Arts (UCA) students gain real-world skills which are appreciated by creative employers. A lot of interesting subjects are offered by UCA. They are as follows:
- Communication & Media
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Performing Arts
- Product Design
- Pre-degree courses
- Business & Management
- Computer Arts
- Fine Art
- Undergraduate – 88%
- Postgraduate – 12%
- Full-time students – 76%
- Part-time students – 24%
- UK/EU students – 89.6%
- International students – 10.4%
- Female – 68%
- Male – 32%
Breakdown of fee structure
The international tuition fee is £11,200-£19,120
The University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate scholarships and fee discounts to assist students with the cost of their studies. UCA Creative Scholarships are given below:
UCA Creative Scholarships – Undergraduate courses
- Sir Ray Tindle Scholarship (up to three available)
- Invicta Scholarship
- Elaine Thomas Bursary for Care Leavers
- The Elizabeth Hammond Bursary
UCA Creative Scholarships – Postgraduate courses
- Nick Jack Scholarship
- Elfriede Windsor Scholarship
- UCA Creative Europe Scholarship
The international students have the opportunity to get Fee discounts
The international fee discounts for new students:
- Early-bird reduction
- International Future Leaders of the Creative Industries Scholarships
- UCA Crafts Scholarships
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships
- UCA Impact Scholarships
The international fee discounts for current students
Apart from that, there are lots of fee discounts available for UK students. However, the UCA ‘s Researcher Development Framework (RDF) is designed by academic leaders and builds the UK’s research base. Students can apply both external and internal funding for their research.
Facilities and Services
- Career-focused learning and work closely with course teams
- The latest computer technology
- Well-decorated library with exhibition catalogues, e-books, archival and broadcast materials
- UCA’s special creative studios and workshops reflect an ideal place for research activities
- Archives and Special Collections with abundant resources that are accessible
- Specific learning needs for disabilities
- Spacious studios
- UCA has a well-decorated Libraries with up-to-date research information
- Traditional craft workshops
- Dye labs
- Well-equipped art shops and modern amenities
The UCA Students’ Union (UCASU) is the mouthpiece of university students that ensures students best at every level and on every issue. The union works from the fundraising to volunteering and entertainment. Students can develop new skills, meet up with new people and arrange live music, regular quiz nights during the time at UCA. UCASU is independent but always prioritizes student interests. After the enrolment, every student will be automatically a member of the Students’ Union. So, they can be benefitted from everything and able to arise any kind of issues or query.
University for the Creative Arts (UCA) students get both on-campus and off-campus facilities. The halls of residence are managed by the University authority. The flats and houses are well- decorated with single study bedrooms which are self-catered. The name of the campuses are given below:
- UCA Canterbury
- UCA Epsom
- UCA Farnham
- UCA Rochester
Another campuses are
- Maidstone TV studios
- Royal School of Needlewor
Apart from that, students can have private rented accommodation.
Courses Offered by University for the Creative Arts – UCA
University for the Creative Arts students can travel easily from one place to another by trains (South Western Railway) or public transports. Epson and Farnham in Surrey take an hour to reach to the international airports.
To know more information please contact us.