University of York is a proud member of the prestigious Russell Group and it offers University of York Scholarships and funding Opportunities for international Students. It is a collegiate institute that was first found in 1963. In 2012, it got the membership of Russell Group. York maintains an amazing global reputation for its’ standard and inspirational teaching quality and superb success in research. Moreover, York city is one of the best cities in England and this is another reason international students enjoy to live here and like the university too.
Rankings and Achievements of York
- 133rd in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021)
- 148th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2021)
- Ranked top 20 by Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- 9 subjects in the QS World 100 (2021)
- 16th in the UK overall (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- TEF Gold Award
University of York offered Scholarships
University of York values its’ students and understands their responsibility of tuition cost. So, every year the institution offers many scholarships and funding opportunities to them. These depend on course, nationality, eligibility, and other criteria. Some popular and recently declared University of York Scholarships are-
- GREAT Scholarships
This award is for the nationalities of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. The PGT students will enjoy it and the value is £10,000.
To be eligible for the GREAT scholarship the students need an offer and to have met their language condition to apply.
Deadline: Friday 30 April
- Be Exceptional / Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships
Students need to submit only one application and will be considered for both of these University of York Scholarships. These can be combined with a departmental scholarship too.
Be Exceptional Scholarships – awards of £2,500 – £7,500
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships – awards of £10,000 for PGT students and awards of £20,000 for undergraduate students
Applications open on 12th April – 21st June
- Albukhary Scholarships
Under this award, one value is £75,000 for over a three-year program. One award of £50,000 and four awards of £31,250 to minimize the living costs and expenses of the students. Again, students do not have to pay tuition fees to the University for the duration of their three-year degree.
To become eligible for these opportunities the students must have offers for York undergraduate programs. They must be from Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Application deadline: Friday 30 April
- Management School Master’s Scholarships
The Management School is providing scholarships in 2021. Those are-
India- 10 x £3,000 awards
Pakistan- 2 x £2,500 awards
Bangladesh- 1 x £7,500 award
To grab these excellent opportunities for the York Management School International Academic Excellence Scholarships (University of York Scholarships), offer holders need to apply by Thursday 10 June.
The students of Sri Lanka and Nepal who already have offer letters from the university can apply for the York Management School Masters Global Awards which are awards of £2,500 – £7,000. Students need to follow the deadline of Thursday 10 June.
- Other funding opportunities
Along with the aforementioned options, there are much more funding’s the university provides to help the international as well as EU students every intake. Some more are-
University of York Scholarships and funding for international (including EU) students 2021/22:
- Chemistry Excellence scholarships- The value is £1,000.
- Departmental scholarships- £250-£500
- Electronic Engineering International Academic Excellence Scholarships-The value is £1,000.
- History BA Undergraduate Scholarship- £3,000, paid in annual installments of £1,000, for three years in total.
- Maths Academic Excellence Scholarships- The value is £1,000.
- Equal Access Scholarships-£10,660 plus full fee waiver.
University of York Funding for international (including EU) students:
- Fee discount opportunity- 10% Masters fee discount for those who have finished undergraduate from York.
- Equal Access Scholarship- £10,660 plus full fee waiver.
- Departmental and alumni scholarships- Value depends.
So, if you are dreaming to finish your higher education at a well-ranked UK university with an attractive scholarship opportunity then York is the best choice you can look for. If you have any enquiry about study in the UK, please submit the form and our related UK education counsellors will call you back.