University of York is a research-based collegiate institute. It was founded in 1963 in York City, England. This institution is one of the proud members of the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities. York is a renowned name to the international students for academic excellence, facilities, and scholarship opportunities.
The inspirational teaching methods of York attracts many students from all over the world every year. The university has over thirty departments and centers and offers a wide variety of subjects. It is also popular for its life-changing researches. As a student of York, any international student can enjoy the multicultural environment of the local North Yorkshire community here. Moreover, the University has also links with many global institutions.
York holds a Gold mark in the Teaching Excellence Framework. According to Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014), it was ranked 14th overall and 10th for the impact of its excellent research.
Some Recent Achievements of the Institute
- It is placed 133rd by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2021).
- The institute has achieved 16th place in the Guardian University Guide 2021.
- The Times and Sunday Times university league table 2021 graded it in 20th
- For life sciences (2021) the university globally holds the top 175.
- For arts and humanities (2021) the university is one of the top 45 in the world.
- It has secured a position in the top 100 in the world for social sciences (2021).
- Six York subjects ranked in the top 10 and the overall rank is 22nd– Complete University Guide 2021.
Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
York provides many Scholarship Opportunities every year to help international students to meet their goals by minimizing their cost. It has recently announced two new scholarships for international students.
- Be Exceptional Scholarships – This Scholarship is for both students of Postgraduate taught and Undergraduate. All international, as well as EU students, can apply for this scholarship. Eligible students can get a fund from £2,500 to £7,500 for their first-year study.
Some basic eligibility requirements are-
- A student must have a conditional or unconditional offer letter to study at the University before the deadline.
- Only full-time students can apply.
- Must have to pay overseas tuition fee.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships – International students include the EU who are willing to do a Postgraduate taught or Undergraduate program can apply for this prestigious scholarship. If a student is already applied for Be Exceptional scholarships then he/she will be automatically considered for this one also.
The value range is from £10,000 to £20,000. Students of undergraduate programs will get the values in their first, second, and third years of studies. The general eligibility requirements are the same as Be Exceptional scholarships.
Application Deadlines of Scholarship
These Scholarships are available for January 2021 and September 2021 intake. There are two deadlines for students to apply for the opportunities, round one or round two:
-Round one is already open and will close on Monday 22 March 2021.
-Round two will open on Monday 12 April 2021 and will close on Monday 21 June 2021.
If you haven’t already applied and are interested in making a scholarship application for 2021 entry, we will glad to apply for you to your desired course at York. Reach out to us for more details.