UK is a multicultural society and you may be familiar with many of its languages and traditions, so what are the leisure activities for international students in the UK?
Fresher’s week is the first week you spend at the university. It will be loaded with lots of fun and social events and you find it exciting too.
The best way to organize your daily life in the UK as a fresher is to have an essential checklist.
An essential checklist for a beginner student
- You need to know the route to the university because you have to be on time for your first class!
- Know your rooms, cafeterias, and the library
- Have a back up of your work in the cloud so that you can access it from anywhere
- Find out when you have to enrol in the classes
- Get the student photo card
- Take care of your health. If your university does not have a physician on the campus, make sure you find a local doctor or register for GP
- Get a student oyster card for travelling in London. You will get 30% discounts on travelling in London.
- Have healthy habits – exercise regularly, drink lots of water, sleep well and eat on time.
- Plan your budget to keep a check on spending
- Buy non-perishable items such as rice and tea in bulk
- Call home at least once a week and talk to your loved ones. They would be waiting to hear from you.
- If you are looking for a part-time job, do it early
- Open a bank account
- Get your things insured
You also need to concentrate on your studies and exam as days roll by. Follow step-by-step guide for examination entry, take up mock exams, keep a check on provisional exam dates. Submit your assessments on time. Prepare and revise well to avoid last-minute anxiety.
But you should also relax beside of your study!
You can enjoy street parties, a musical evening with friends, watch a movie, visit museums, natural attractions, and different part of the country in your holiday period or just relax in a park.
If you want the best education and enjoy your student life then the UK is the place for you! You can reach out our expert education counsellors for your UK education journey.