Chevening is an international awards programme established by the government of the United Kingdom and funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) and partner organisations. Since 1983, more than 50,000 professionals have studied in the country through Chevening. Chevening is a fully-funded scholarship that provides future leaders, decision-makers, and influencers from around the world with a unique opportunity to secure a Chevening Scholarship 2022.
The scholarship provides people with the chance to develop academically and professionally, experience the rich UK culture, network extensively, and create long-lasting and positive relationships.
If obtaining the Chevening Scholarship interests you, here, you’ll find the latest information regarding the Chevening Scholarship 2022.
Don’t Have much time to read? Please watch this video.
Quick Overview: Chevening Scholarship 2022
You could apply for a Master’s Degree Program (Masters/MPhil) in a university in the United Kingdom. It’s a one-year scholarship degree programme. You can apply for the same course at three different universities, apply for three different courses at three different universities, or apply for the three different courses at the same university.
Benefits of Applying for the Chevening Scholarship
Since it’s the UK government completely funds this international scholarship programme, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations pay the final expenses of all accepted candidates into the programme. This coverage includes:
- A Monthly Stipend for Living and Accommodation Expenses
- Arrival and Departure Allowance
- Economy Class Return Tickets
- Reimbursement for the Visa Application Fee
- TB Testing Reimbursement Up To £75
- Tuition Fee Waiver
Eligibility for the Chevening Scholarship
- You’re a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- You’ll return to your home country for at least two years after your scholarship ends.
- You have completed your undergraduate degree and are eligible to enrol in a postgraduate programme at a university in the UK. Although this depends on the university and course you have selected, it’s usually equivalent to the UK’s upper second-class 2:1 honours programme.
- You have at least two years of work experience, which is equivalent to working for 2,800 hours.
- You have applied to three universities in the UK and received an offer from at least one of your choices by July 14, 2022.
If you ticked all the boxes, you could apply for the Chevening Scholarship. However, you’re not eligible for the scholarship if:
- You’re a UK citizen or hold dual British citizenship. You can apply if you’re a citizen of a UK owned Overseas Territory or have a BN(O) and are applying for the scholarship from Hong Kong.
- You live in a non-Chevening eligible nation on refugee status. However, Chevening-eligible country citizens living on refugee status in another Chevening-eligible nation qualify for the scholarship.
- You’re a current or former employee or are a relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government (since July 2017). This employee can belong to:
- British embassies and high commissions
- The Department for International Trade
- The Department for Businesses, Energy, and Industrial Strategy
- The Ministry of Defence
- The Home Office
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities’ staff member
- Current or former employees or an employee’s relative of Chevening Partner organisations can apply for the scholarship (Since July 2017). However, they won’t be eligible for a Chevening Partner Award from their current or former workplace or if they’re affiliated with one through a relative.
- You have previously received a UK government-funded scholarship to study in the UK.
Is There an English Language Requirement?
Chevening has removed their English language requirement for anyone applying for the Chevening Scholarship from 2021 to 2022 and onwards. However, you’ll still need to meet all the English language requirements of your selected university in the UK and get accepted from one of your chosen universities in the course of your choice by the cut-off date to submit the application.
You need to have at least two years of work experience to submit your application. You’re eligible to apply for the Chevening Scholarship 2022 if you one of the following types of work experience:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Paid or unpaid internship
- Voluntary work
Would Work Experience Completed as Part of Graduation Qualify You for the Scholarship?
Any work experience that you have completed before, during, or after graduation will count. However, any work experience that counted towards the completion of your undergraduate or postgraduate studies won’t count.
You need to submit the following documents:
- Academic Transcripts
- A Short Essay on Biography
- Certificate of Achievement
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Application opens on August 3, 2021
- Application closes on November 2, 2021, at 12:00 GMT
- Applications are selected based on the eligibility criteria on November 3, 2021
- Reading committee performs assessments from Mid-November to December 2021
- Applications are shortlisted for interviews from Early to Mid-February 2022
- References and education documents deadline is February to late April, 2022
- Interviews take place from 28 February to 29 April, 2022
- Results are released from Early June 2022
- Offer deadline is July 14, 2022
- Studies start in the UK on September/October 2022
How to Apply
You can apply for the Chevening Scholarship from their official website. Before that, you need to apply to at least three different universities and be accepted to all three to be eligible for the scholarship. The entire process of applying to universities offering your preferred programme can be daunting and complicated.
AHZ Associates can guide you by providing you with assistance and guidance at every stage of the application process. As one of the leading educational consultancy in the United Kingdom, we specialise in international student recruitment and placement for universities in the UK.
Let’s streamline the application process by helping you prepare for the Chevening Scholarship by helping you get accepted to a Master’s Programme in a UK university of your choosing. Let’s get started.