The Student Loans Company (SLC) is a non-profit making Government-owned organisation set up in 1989 to provide loans and grants to students in universities and colleges in the UK. The company Operates in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The SLC’s main priority is to deliver financial support to entitled students and learners pursuing higher and further education in order to pay the tuition fees to Higher Education Institutions. The loans are repayable once the person has left higher education.
The company provides a large range of services to those who have applied for, in order to meet students’ needs. Some of those are mentioned below:
- Main support for Part and Full- Time students
- Tuition fees and supplementary support
- Dependants’ grants for full- time students
- Travel Grants
- Bursaries and scholarships
- Support for postgraduate students
If you are interested to get more information or check the eligibility criteria, click here.