If you are planning to study in UK, you need a high score in the IELTS exam. The exam aims to test your English proficiency and has four components, and each needs to be taken seriously to enter a top university. The four sections are Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Tips for preparation
- Listen to conversations, especially English bulletins. Listen to speeches and note down on a paper. You also need to attend group discussions and practice listening to more people at a time. This practice will go a long way in helping you crack the listening section.
- Practice reading long articles, stories and essays to score well in the reading section. Note down whatever you feel is important. Practice comprehension. You can attempt all questions as there is no negative marking.
- Practice writing essays to clear the writing section with ease. Your essays also need to be error- free, so practice grammar. Use formal language and stick to your argument.
- You need to be fluent to get a good score in the speaking section. Practice speaking at home and let your pronunciation be clear and confident. Go well prepared as you need to interact live with an invigilator.
Tips to follow on the day of IELTS exam
- The exam requires you to concentrate. So eat well and make sure you had enough rest before the exam.
- Wear clothes that you are comfortable with.
- Arrive early to avoid last- minute tensions. You need to visit the test centre once before the actual exam date so that you are sure about the exact place.
- The exam has no breaks, so make sure you have used the restroom before entering the exam hall.
- Do not take your phones or any other electronic gadgets.
- Do not forget to take your ID.
- Follow all the instructions given before the start of the exam.
- Be calm and confident.
Crack IELTS exam, enter a top UK university and have a great career ahead!