Think it this way:
- Should I choose the best course or a quite good one that will offer me options I actually want?
- Do I want the perfect job or a course that will have a minimum continuous assessment?
- I have to consider the priorities that are important to me and also the fact that it’s me who is going to study and has to live there for more than three years.
Do Your Research
Instead of just thinking about the options you already know, find out new possibilities by conducting research. The more knowledge you have, the more options you can consider and the more informed decision you can take. The research will also pay you in the form of completing your UCAS application more knowledgeable and that will give you a satisfaction and peace of mind that you have not taken your decision hastily, but after giving it enough time.
How to Choose the Right UK University?
For some, the choice of subject and course will narrow down their research of finding one of the best universities in the UK. For example:
- If you decide that your subject of study will be veterinary science, you have to just research less than ten UK universities.
- If you choose to study Burmese, you have only one choice, SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies).
- However, if you are interested in one of the more common subjects like chemistry, English, mechanical engineering or law, you may find 30 or even more courses and will have to do more research.
Choosing Just the Right Course and University is Very Important
This is because if you choose a wrong course, you may drop out from the university within the first year itself. This is quite expensive, given all the fees, and costs of books and other materials. Moreover, you may feel daunted about how to break the news to your parents and friends, and you may fall into the trap of a confused mind and anxiety. You need not be disappointed because more than 93% students in the UK are continuing their higher education and most students love to stay in the UK, especially at a London university, and they succeed.